[FIXED] [S] Sims cannot complete Improve Skill tradition

by shadedgrey63

Original Post

Re: Completing Research & Debate does not count for New Skill Day

★★★★ Guide

Its called learn new skill day for a reason, skills 1-4 count towards the completion after 5 they are no longer new.

Skills that only go up to 5 only counts from 1-3.

New skill day requirement to count: Acquire new skill or gain a skill level in a low level skill.

I don't even think research and debate is actually a skill, not sure what you would use it for except for college, never played the college careers so I can't really verify if its used in the new careers that came with DU. 

Message 31 of 35 (1,368 Views)

New Skill Day Won't Complete 💡

★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.28.72.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Famous, Seasons, Get to Work, City Living, Spa, Vintage Glamour, Cool Kitchen, Spooky
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create or be live on "New Skill Day" with Seasons pack. Try to complete a new skill or raise an existing one. *Some Sims are able to complete this but not all*
What happens when the bug occurs? Some Sims are able to complete this action but usually, when a Sim raises a skill level or starts a new skill, this doesn't reflect a completed accomplishment for the holiday "New Skill Day." Also, the raising of the skill doesn't appear to be moving any faster than normal.
What do you expect to see? When a Sim is raising a skill or has completed a skill, I expect to see the holiday accomplishment. I also expect to see skill levels rising faster on the "New Skill Day" holiday.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After June patch

See above.

Message 32 of 35 (1,369 Views)

Re: New Skill Day Won't Complete 💡

★ Pro
@MzMelonz New Skill Day will only get triggered when reaching level 2-5 (exceptions: Acting always works, Vampire Lore never, toddler skills also excluded)
Message 33 of 35 (1,333 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@kusurusu Thanks. I am not able to recall what levels the skills were at that time. I will keep this in mind!
Message 34 of 35 (1,256 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

The holiday tradition New Skill Day now focuses on starting new skills and improving low level skills so skills that are maxed out don’t count.

Fixed in Patch 1.68.154/ 1.33

Bit unsure what the patch notes mean but it now sounds to me that it will now only fulfill if you have no prior skill at all.

Anyways, considering this fixed as it sounds like that's the design EA wants.

If you have further remarks on not liking that, please use General Discussion for a new thread,

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 35 of 35 (3,668 Views)