Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [S] Sims cannot complete Improve Skill tradition

by MsPigglyPooh

Original Post

Re: My Sim said "New Skill Day" was "awful"

★★ Apprentice

I disagree.

> sims learn skills faster and should learn a new skill or develop an old one

"develop an old one". This means improve the skill.

"Improve" means Y>X. You can't say "That's not enough".

Also see this.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/944195/has-anyone-had-a-successful-new-skill-day

Message 11 of 35 (1,813 Views)

Hero

I merged your post into this @justbugreportin

So far it's a bit inconclusive, seems to be happening to Vampires more than other Sims but as there have been reports for both, I've changed the title of this thread

That said: I agree with what @simvasion said, you need to actually go to a new level for it to count. That's what's my experience too.

Never had an issue with any of my Sims if you actually level up.

I don't play Vampires though

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 35 (1,804 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Yesterday something else occurred as well, on the same new skill day as my previous post. (I managed to get my Father Winter's son his New Skill Day with the DJ skill, a completely new one for him.)

My twin toddlers grew into children, both leveled several of their skills. The girl got her event flagged, but I didn't check which skill did the trick. Her brother gained a level in Communication first, which didn't count. He got his event flagged as completed a little after that though.

Even though the event was flagged as complete, the tradition wasn't. Their New Skill Day was still awful.

Message 13 of 35 (1,802 Views)

Champion
The last sims I successfully completed New Skill Day for and got awesome tradition complete for were Caleb and Lilith Vatore - both vampires.

I think the skill I got Caleb to improve was fishing from level 3 to 4, but they also did multiple skills that day, because I’ve only just started playing them and everything is new, like fitness and charisma.

Can’t remember if I needed to raise several for the skill tradition to complete or if just one was enough.
Message 14 of 35 (1,790 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I had this issue where almost all my sims had increased a skill at least one level and it wasn't counting (I could tell as they weren't getting a 'tick' on the tradition). 

I looked into it while it was still New Skill Day and there is a thread on the forums that indicates that you will only complete this successfully if the skill is below level 5.  I then made sure to work on skills they didn't have already or that were below level 5 and I was able to complete it for everyone in the house.  I do think that the tradition isn't that clear, but I seem to recall that the thread suggests that the 'new' part of it was why it had to be lower level skills as those were the ones that were 'new' to your sims. 

Here's the thread I found about it on the forums: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/944195/has-anyone-had-a-successful-new-skill-day

Thanks and regards,

Jennifer

Message 15 of 35 (2,140 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Ugh, I just wodered that the other day. Thanks Jennifer. Standard smile The other members of my household who had a successful New Skill Day indeed had their skills below level 5.

Message 16 of 35 (1,755 Views)

★★ Novice

I just had this issue with a regular sim, I had to level up about 4 different skills for him before the event got ticked. The rest of the household were fine.

Message 17 of 35 (1,686 Views)

Yeah, high-level skills are essentially a no go in my game as well, though it does occasionally work if I'm focused on them at the time of completion or my game is just feeling generous. Generally, I have to find a skill either under 5/6 or a skill they have never learned before. And frankly, that's a bit annoying when you only want them to have certain skills!

Message 18 of 35 (1,673 Views)

★★★ Guide

I just had this happen last night. My relatively new sim (vampire) created by Story, in a new game, went from 8 to 10 programming skill and it did not count for New Skill Day. 

Havent tried it on anyone with a starting low skill yet though. 😛

Message 19 of 35 (1,644 Views)

★★ Guide

I'm actually experiencing this with Human sims as well. I have only had one sim get the goal achieved and all the others who have gained multiple skills that day still have not gotten it completed. I'm not sure what to do anymore... This game is so freaking buggy man.

Message 20 of 35 (1,597 Views)