Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [S] Sims cannot complete Improve Skill tradition

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? The most current - is it 1.46 or something?
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Make a Holiday with the “skill improvement” tradition or wait for New Skill Day to appear on the calendar while playing as a vampire.
What happens when the bug occurs? The skill improvement tradition will not complete for a vampire, but easily does for human sims.
What do you expect to see? The skil improvement tradition completing for the vampire as well as the humans when fulfilling it.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I will try again tonight, as this was my first experience with New Skill Day. I was improproving the vampire’s flower arranging skill.I don’t know if being a vampire causes it, or an ability, or if it’s a bug with the flower arranging skill or what. She had gained at least two points  while the humans only had to go up one point and completed the tradition; the vampire didn’t. 

Message 1 of 35 (5,015 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: New Skill Day Won't Complete 💡

[ Edited ]
Hero

The holiday tradition New Skill Day now focuses on starting new skills and improving low level skills so skills that are maxed out don’t count.

Fixed in Patch 1.68.154/ 1.33

Bit unsure what the patch notes mean but it now sounds to me that it will now only fulfill if you have no prior skill at all.

Anyways, considering this fixed as it sounds like that's the design EA wants.

If you have further remarks on not liking that, please use General Discussion for a new thread,

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 35 of 35 (3,543 Views)

All Replies

Re: Vampire cannot complete Improve Skill tradition

★ Pro

My vampires have not had an issue on new skill day, never made a separate holiday but was flower arranging a new skill, as my human Sim had an awful day after gaining multiple skills in things she already knows. New skill day is new skill or low skill.

Message 2 of 35 (4,967 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] [V] Vampire cannot complete Improve Skill tradition

Hero
What level were you at the skill before leveling up ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 35 (4,947 Views)

Re: Vampire cannot complete Improve Skill tradition

★★ Guide
I had humans who went to level 6 or 8 and completed. It’s a new skill or improved skill.
Message 4 of 35 (4,946 Views)

★★ Guide
I started at 5 or 6.
Message 5 of 35 (4,941 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
OK. Thanks.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 35 (4,916 Views)

Hero
Added as needs input for now.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 35 (4,875 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I have a regular sim who just reached programming level 6 without it triggering the tradition, so it's not limited to vampires.

(Well, regular. He's a son of Father Winter and a Five Star Celebrity. Not a vampire though.)

Message 8 of 35 (4,828 Views)

My Sim said "New Skill Day" was "awful"

★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? latest
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In "New Skill Day", like the description says, "improve the skill", have your Sim(genius teen) do some skill work. (My sim practiced some piano for few hours, Skill Lv8 X% to Lv8 Y%, Y>X)
What happens when the bug occurs? At the end of the event, the notification says that this event was awful.
What do you expect to see? When the Sim perform some skillup action, just mark the tradition as complete.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Message 9 of 35 (4,848 Views)

Re: My Sim said "New Skill Day" was "awful"

Champion
You started at level 8 and didn't get beyond level 8?

That's not enough. The bar needs to flip over to the next level of a skill to be considered "gained a new skill level" and hence improved.

Works fine for me. My sims always have awesome New Skill Days. Especially if I check their skill panel and just work on raising whatever bar is nearly maxed anyway for any skill.
Message 10 of 35 (4,832 Views)