Original Post

Accepted Solution

[NEEDS SAVES] Quality of plants not/very slowly progressing/ No evolve

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? None.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Plant quality.
What happens when the bug occurs? Plant quality meter doesn't move.
What do you expect to see? Progression. So I can evolve my plants.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made.

After the patch the plant quality meter doesn't move. Anyone else having this issue?

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 3 of 67 (17,569 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Quality of plants not/very slowly progressing/ No evolve

Community Manager (retired)

I'm not sure this is necessarily a bug, I think it might just be part of the new gardening design. Evolutions have slowed down, as it's now an end-game long-term goal. The Evolve commodity starts at around 50, and evolution is available at 100. Fertilize gives a solid amount of evolve commodity, depending on the quality of fertilizer but it's around 8. So you need to fertilize a plant about 7 times before it's ready to evolve. There are other factors that can affect the evolution rate as well, such as sheltering the plant. Sheltered plants have the benefit of being protected from the seasons but the evolution rate is much slower. Bluebells, for example, evolve 4x slower when sheltered than when not.

I will look into filing an issue regarding the Lessons not explaining all of this thoroughly enough. But if, after reading all of this, you believe that your game is still bugged and your plants just aren't evolving period, I would appreciate a save file to help us investigate. You can find more info for sending me your save in the following link, thanks much! https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 19 of 67 (22,067 Views)

All Replies

[TO TEST] Fertilizing plants doesn't provide progress on plants

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All, except some stuff packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Plant a vegetable, herb, flower inside a planting box or pot, or outside. Fertilize the plant. the progress bar will not move after several days and fertilizers
What happens when the bug occurs? The progress bar will not move after several days and fertilizers and it appears that the plants stagnate
What do you expect to see? I have found that fertilizing does not provide progress to the evolution of plants as it should. If this intended to increase the time it takes to "Perfect" that would make sense, however, some of my original plants are still "normal". I am not sure if the evolution process simply takes longer, but I have a new save that I have spent around 8-9 real-life hours in and very few of my plants have evolved. They are well maintained and barely need water. I have fertilized the same plant 6-7 times and the Quality Progress bar does not move at all. It is inside, in a garden box, and it IS in Season. I am not sure if anyone else experiences this. For clarity, this occurs on various different plants regardless of location(inside in a pot or outside) and they are "in season". I also use various types of fertilizer, from fish to other
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

herbs. 

Message 1 of 67 (17,426 Views)

Re: Fertilizing issue

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @Infynyx

The bug template seems to be back in working condition. Could you edit the first post for me and add all the info ? Thanks 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 67 (17,418 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] Plant quality meter

Hero

Hi @jrlsyx

is it similar to this one: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-TEST-Fertilizing-plants-doesn-t-provide-progress-on-plants/... or did you not fertilize ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 67 (17,477 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I have this issue as well.

I'll add to it that it's only happening to my sheltered plants. My outdoor plants (either in ground or in planter) seem to be evolving just find. 

So maybe I'll just place plants that bloom in certain seasons in a planter together and place them outside when it's their season to work around it. 

Message 5 of 67 (17,450 Views)

★★★ Novice
I have the same problems, even with continous fertilizing with a plant that's better. My trees seemes to evolve a bit faster but still very slow. Only 1 point in about 14 sim days.
Message 6 of 67 (17,437 Views)

★★★ Novice

Mine aren’t fertilized. I’m not quite sure how to look at the new meter also. Last patch was more predictive with the sunflower petals, now I don’t now if it does progress. 

Message 7 of 67 (17,402 Views)

★ Novice

I don't have Seasons yet but I did the new update. I removed all of my mods and CC so there is none currently in my game. My plants progress bar doesn't move at all (outdoor or indoor plants) My Sim has leved up to level 8 gardening and still not able to evolve any plants at all. Was waiting for this patch to do a Rags to Riches with gardening because I never have before and I'm a little dissapointed.

Message 8 of 67 (17,382 Views)

Hero

@jrlsyx @Infynyx I merged your threads now. They sound awfully similar and are probably the same issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 67 (17,322 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yup they seem similar alright. Though I have to add that last night some plants did reach the next stage out of nowhere but some plants are still stuck. So either the progress bar or some plants are really not working.

Message 10 of 67 (17,251 Views)