[FIXED] Plants change quality on their own (evolve on their own ?)

by Avenagaliene

Original Post

Re: [UNSURE] Plants change quality on their own (evolve on their own ?)

★★★ Apprentice

@maddiee_little wrote:

I have been having a similar issue but the opposite way - magnificent plants will chance to 'nice' quality randomly, rather than keeping their quality after being evolved.

This is the issue I just noticed. Last night, my plants were "magnificent" and today they have reverted back to "nice". I am using fabricated hydroponic planters for the majority, which made me think that was the connection. However, I have trees planted in purchased pots and they have had the same result. I've used all of my eco fertilizer from my insects and all of my plants are now "nice," even after going through the evolution process. 
Message 61 of 81 (958 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Eco Lifestyle Bug: Every day when my sim goes to garden, her once perfect plants are devolved to some random lower level, with corresponding harvest. I cheat to raise them back to perfect, but the next day they and harvest are devolved again. Over and over. I have dumped the plants into my household inventory for now, until this bug gets fixed. .

Message 62 of 81 (931 Views)

★ Guide
@grubbysims Same. I've put all my plants in household inventory. Hopefully gardening will be fixed this year.
Message 63 of 81 (907 Views)

★★★ Pro
@Avenagaliene Is the neighborhood footprint green?
Message 64 of 81 (875 Views)

★★★ Guide

This is happening to me also: plants evolve and "unevolve" randomly. Also some of the plants look like produces.

(OT: This issue, the issue with helping toddlers and the issues with manic white cake baking etc. are really making the game unplayable right now though are not game breaking. I'm really annoyed since I really like EL play :<)

Message 65 of 81 (845 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I have started a new save game in a new neighborhood that is not Evergreen harbor simply to test gardening. My speculation is it's a trait or a lot trait or something that messes gardening up. So I gave my sim no traits related to gardening and I have given the lot no traits either. Because not everyone has their gardening bugged, I presume there must be a certain something that triggers it. 

I planted various vegetables and fruits. Sold the produce. I have eco turned off and I've been in build buy mode several times. So far there has been no bugs. I didn't get to test for very long but I am continuing my testing. 

Edit: I'm thinking it might be the gardening aspiration or the gardening aspiration reward trait. Need to test it. 

Message 66 of 81 (806 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I don't think it's either of the Gardening traits.

I know for sure that the "Reduce & Recycle" Lot trait turns the Eco Footprint gameplay on even when it's turned off in Gameplay Options. It gives me notices of that fact in my Notification Wall. I've noticed that that was the only link between my Sulani Eco Footprint existing while the footprints were turned off in options and the same thing happened in Del Sol Valley with this lot trait.

I still don't know if it's intentional or not to have plants evolve and devolve in line with the Eco Footprint Industrial/Neutral/Green switching, but I do know it changes with those Eco Footprint switches

Message 67 of 81 (764 Views)

★ Guide
@tigrina_tigs No. I didn't use any of the eco traits because I'm suspicious they might be the culprit. My eco footprint is turned off and in my new testing save I still get the message that my neighbourhood is now green.
Message 68 of 81 (740 Views)

★ Guide
@Yaanika
Do you mean that you have a green Eco Footprint but no self-evolving plants? That's interesting.

The only place where I really don't have gardening issues is Strangerville and I'd guessed that's bc there is no Eco Footprint over there.

One of my three lots with issues had no 'old' gardener or gardening related traits. Just the recycle lot trait and green fiend sim trait. She is always gardening due to that trait tho, so my educated guess is that it's linked too.

Message 69 of 81 (704 Views)

★ Guide
@tigrina_tigs No I have footprint turned off. So far in my test game there has been no self evolving, but I only got to play 1 sim day so far. Gonna test later today.

On my main save where gardening is messed up I used to have the recycle lot trait but I replaced it with another but it didn't fix gardening.

I'm gonna try adding the recycle lot trait and green fiend in my test save.
Message 70 of 81 (673 Views)