[FIXED] Plants change quality on their own (evolve on their own ?)

by Avenagaliene

Original Post

Re: [UNSURE] Plants change quality on their own (evolve on their own ?)

[ Edited ]

My plants all suddenly jumped from normal quality to perfect on their own. I think it's to do with the air quality. The game thinks my sims are living in an area with clean air (they keep getting that moodlet and there's lights in the sky) but I don't know why this is as I have eco footprint effects (or whatever it is called) switched off in options and have done since installing EL.

I should mention that the plants are dragon fruit plants and some spliced plants (snapdragon with strawberry). They are all inside in planters.

My sims are living on a 50 X 50 lot by the river in willow creek.

Message 41 of 81 (761 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

It's happening the same with me. I think is because of the air quality (green)... but with me was like that.

Message 42 of 81 (736 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

So THAT is what's causing it!

I was getting really annoyed with all the new stuff going on all of the sudden. The stuck at work bug, the garbage collector acting as if they own the place (even happily sitting behind my computer) and most of all the super-annoying part where any visitor to my lot thinks it would be fun to harvest all my plants before I have a chance to (even before they ring the door bell). Maxis is really punishing us with those NAP's.

And then I noticed that I had not needed to evolve any of my plants, they just went all the way up to Perfect at super speed without any interference from me. I was okay with that. But the it turned out that every time I traveled somewhere and came back, the footprint went back to Neutral and the plants all went back to various states of Magnificent. Resulting in Magnificent harvests which I then have to sort fro the Perfect ones since that is the part the new inventory system still can't do (selecting only non-perfect harvestables in my inventory, or the other way around). A few days later the Footprint is back to Green and all plants are Perfect again.

Other things that happen upon returning from travel is that the bug houses are suddenly less healthy and the night light goes off (resulting in monsters under beds).

The only bug I'd call an exploit is that  half the time when I rummage in the thrash can, it generates a new thrash pile on the ground, resulting in a constant ability to rummage and search piles. Can easily go 20 times in a row.

I think it's time to break open S4S again. I've never had it this bad.

My lot is an off-the-grid on the small lot on Windenburg island by the way.

@crinrict Is it really still unsure at this point? I think we can safely conclude the issue is linked to the Eco Footprint changing. A badly calibrated feature from the looks of it. Mixed in with a few bugs for flavor.

Message 43 of 81 (707 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@SimInfinity I've been playing a different save with all the ECO stuff turned off, and all of my plants have been evolving normally since. If it's tied to the ECO footprint, then this makes a lot of sense.

The last time I saw the plants evolve from Nice to Perfect was when I was testing the ECO stuff with the various mods that came out so the ECO stuff was all turned on.
Message 44 of 81 (686 Views)

Plants Reverting Evolve to Normal

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them to the current Eco addition.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When gardening with sheltered plants, I can evolve the plants (I've went through 3 Spring season rotations with most of the plants) if I'm still in game but they constantly go back to Normal. I've had over a dozen hit excellent, mag, perfect, as long as I am still playing. After I save, quit, and come back later they're all back to normal again.
What happens when the bug occurs? I noticed it happening the past four days of IRL game play. It seems to occur somewhere between exiting the game (again, with saving) and launching it again for the next play.
What do you expect to see? My plants not losing the evolve my sims have earned on them.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

When I first noticed it, was right after I was trying for the aspiration for gardening that has "evolve 10 plants etc, etc.." It seemed I never made it to that point and I couldn't understand why so I paid closer attention. Finally I played for a good long while, and while in game they all eventually evolved finally and I got it. Yay! I was thrilled. And tired. So I saved, quit, left it be for a day or so before I launched again.

Once I launched, I still had where I reached the goal and had moved on to the next "quest" we'll say, but every single plant had returned to Normal state of evolve. I thought maybe it was a fluke or I had missed something so I continued to play. Saved, quit after awhile. Most of the plants had made it to Excellent and two had made it to Perfect evolve status.

Next launch? Same thing. All of them reverted back to "Normal" on the evolve scale. 

My character has gardening level 10, if that helps. She lives in the Eco Lifestyle world at Port Promise.

Message 45 of 81 (670 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Same here. Immediately after I turned off the footprint, the plants went down to 2nd or 3rd stage, which is where they would have been naturally. Since then they all work the way they should, including the ones in the vertical garden.

I wasn't able to find any tuning files for it though. I see that the footprint is supposed to lower weeds and increase growth time, but nothing about evolving autonomously.

Either way, I would consider this a confirmed bug with a known cause now.

Message 46 of 81 (665 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@SimInfinity I'm not sure about NEW tuning files, but I've spent quite a lot of time sifting through the gardening ones these past 5-6 months. Attempting to track down plant growth and evolution, with not a huge amount of success.

I do know for sure there have been massive changes in the individual plant object tuning files since last December.

It's just very difficult to follow since it can be barely considered "code". It's actually little more than a list of variables and parameters.
Message 47 of 81 (648 Views)

Re: Plants Reverting Evolve to Normal

Hero
@smjackson1 I merged your post with the quality change thread.

Most here seem to have issues with plants evolving by themselves but also a few report of them reverting back to lesser quality.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 48 of 81 (626 Views)

Re: Plants Reverting Evolve to Normal

★★★ Apprentice

@crinrictWhat will it take for you to consider there to be enough information for it to no longer be "unsure"?

I don't want this to be like RoM where we have to wait 5 months before Maxis acts on it even when they are literally provided with the fix by their users. In this case I may be unable to find a fix (working with experienced modders on the issue right now), but the cause seems clear to me. Do we need everybody to toggle their Eco Footprint and see if that changes the behavior? What is it you need?

Message 49 of 81 (602 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@SimInfinity  The only bug I'd call an exploit is that  half the time when I rummage in the thrash can, it generates a new thrash pile on the ground, resulting in a constant ability to rummage and search piles. Can easily go 20 times in a row.

This comes from the recycle lot trait. 

Message 50 of 81 (527 Views)