Re: plant quality

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: Plants evolving by themselves

★ Guide

my trees unevolved from perfect, harvestable trees into seedlings when i left the lot after harvesting them. since i was off my lot for several ingame days. there's a chance the trees reverted into just a dirt pile, but i didn't observe that personally, just that they turned into baby seedlings. i didn't check the quality of the trees, since i had played over 12 realtime hours straight and wanted to go to bed.

Message 21 of 81 (1,385 Views)

Re: [UNSURE] Plants change quality on their own (evolve on their own ?)

★★ Pro

I've also been having to opposite problem. My perfect plants downgrade from nice-magnificent. The last time I saw it happened was after I harvested them. Mind you this is in a closed off greenhouse, but I've been using those planters that water the plants for me so perhaps they are the problem? I don't know, but it's frustrating to have my hard work ruined by a bug. It doesn't matter if they are in or out of season. They ALL seem to be dropping in quality on me.

Message 22 of 81 (1,385 Views)

Re: [UNSURE] Plants change quality on their own (evolve on their own ?)

★★★ Novice

I have only played port promise since getting eco-lifestyle so I cannot confirm this happening elsewhere, but I am having this issue as well.

-port promise with eco lot, natural well, and reduce and recycle
-I do not have beehives or insects

-no mods

Started by normal and nice plants changing all the way to perfect sometime in the spring without user input. Mid-summer all plants dropped randomly in quality (not to what I had evolved them to), including ones I had planted from perfects changing to magnificent. I believe it also has to do with leaving the lot but the direction isn't something I'm able to figure out. I had mostly been leaving to lots in port promise, once to goths and spencer-kims in willow creek. I thought that maybe going to other port-promise lots might make it go up and willow creek lots down, but I just went to a port promise lot and had all my plants drop down even lower quality. They do not seem to drop past normal, but I have confirmed they will drop to normal despite being evolved to nice or excellent. 

Message 23 of 81 (1,355 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I have a problem that might be related. The progress bar of the plant quality moves about along with the eco footprint, and at quite some speed. If your neighbourhood is tending towards industrial, the quality will keep dropping, making it difficult to evolve and keep the plants evolved.

Message 24 of 81 (1,377 Views)

Re: Plant Evolution Problems

★★★★★ Apprentice

The eco footprint changes the plant quality quite rapidly, and it doesn't help that the eco footprint itself also changes wildly. I've had my perfect plants drop to nice in half a day, and normal ones go to magnificent over a similar amount of time.

Message 25 of 81 (1,339 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

I finally got fed up with the quality of my perfect plants constantly dropping down to nice quality after I harvest them and continually cheat myself a Green Eco Footprint out of desperation. For whatever reason the Eco Footprint drops your harvestables so significantly when you harvest in a non Green Eco Footprint, I'm starting to want to turn off all the features of Eco Lifestyle which is kinda sad. I mean that does still leave me with some neat clothes, bugs to farm, ability to make new items, and even new eco friendly items to play with, but it's really sad that two of the biggest new features that make Eco Lifestyle unique are so bugged they have to be turned off.

N.A.P.'s take away your own character's freedom from autonomy for those of us like myself who play with it turned off, plus there is the annoying one where people steal like crazy. Then the other one is messing with my other biggest joy, gardening. So I can't enjoy the pack fully because it's wrecking my game style.

Plus my other two joys of playing generational is being hindered by parents not cooperating and interacting with their children and my cats think they are humans suddenly and wander off the lot to different places every few real life minutes. So for now I'm left ripping out the truly special parts of the expansion until some of this is fixed, unwilling to be a bad parent in the game so kids are a no no, and unwilling to watch my kitties essentially run away so they too have become a no no. It's kinda sad playing in a one SIM house. It feels a little lonely compared to what I'm used to.

Maybe Eve can just be one of those very slow couples who get together and date for years, then get married and just enjoy each other for years, then randomly decide after spending nearly half their lifespans together kids are in order. With aging turned off I can actually do that now. There is no rush.

On the bright side I'll be spending more time with JUST Eve as I've turned off aging until she can have her kids and her cats PROPERLY, so I get to experience a long, single character run for now...and I'm doing all I can to keep her special, under the same roof as the rest of her house, green house thriving as it should. EA, much love, please save us. Thank you for leaving us a way to garden or I think I'd be crying right now.

Message 26 of 81 (1,350 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@crinrict  My plant quality was changing every time I harvested or when I put an out of season perfect plant from the gallery in my greenhouse and it started to grow it would downgrade from perfect. I finally figured out it was due to the Eco Footprint when I tested it by cheating myself up to a Green Eco Footprint and suddenly I could harvest and they wouldn't downgrade to Nice quality. So I was informing people that if they had an Industrial Eco Footprint that could very well be what is causing their plant quality to go down..sorry I went on a little rant after saying that so I ended up confusing you. Frown

Edit: Although sometimes I was in a neutral state in Port Promise, and my plant quality would STILL decrease when I harvested. I'm assuming it wasn't registering me as truly neutral because I got that way over time from the things I built with. So it was probably still counting me as Industrial.

Message 27 of 81 (1,322 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
@PriestessAvenara It's just that there's two threads now. One for the bar going missing (this one) and another for the quality bouncing (the one linked above). So if it's just the quality bouncing for you and not loosing the bar, then I'll move yours over to the other thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 28 of 81 (1,319 Views)

★★ Pro

@crinrict  Thank you. I didn't realize there were two threads going on since I had been reading other people talking about their quality as well. :D

Message 29 of 81 (1,317 Views)

Hero
@PriestessAvenara No worries. It's not always easy as there are many different but similar issues (that may be connected) but I just like it clean :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 30 of 81 (1,309 Views)