Re: Plants evolving by themselves

by Avenagaliene

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Plants change quality on their own (evolve on their own ?)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All, except Moschino, My First Pets, Kids and Luxury
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Plant a seed. Leave the lot. Plant upgraded. See below for specific details.
What happens when the bug occurs? Plant upgrades from Normal - Excellent - Perfect.
What do you expect to see? Sims should be able to evolve plants.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Patch + Expansion

So I'm not sure if any of these are going to be factors... and ironically this is happening on my "Mother Earth" Sim.

Lot Traits:  Geothermal, Natural Well, Off-the-Grid
Sim Traits:  Green Fiend, Recycle Disciple, Children of the Islands, Storm Chaser Sim, Frugal, Morning Sim, Marketable, Collector

NAP(s):  Green Gardening, Juiced Community, Rock Your Body, Self-Sufficiency
Lot:  Rockridge Springs

Items Planted:  Taro [Normal], Spinach Plant [Normal], Bell Pepper Plant [Normal]

Steps

1.  Planted the three items listed above.

2.  Traveled to Lot:  The Portsmouth Promenade
3.  Returned home -- Plants now Excellent.
4.  Saved game to get Version Number.

5.  Reloaded game -- Plants now Perfect.  Harvestables also considered perfect.

Additional Information

• Random Sim testing --- Brichester -- Not replicating
  • New save:  Rockridge Springs -- Replicated
  • Repaired - Continuing
  • New Save After Repair - Replicated

Possible Triggers for Event(s)

• Beehive / Insect Nest [?]
  • Trait(s):  Reduce and Recycle, Geothermal, Natural Well, Great Soil
  • Community Footprint:  Green / Neutral
  • Lots:  Port Promise [ECO], Willow Creek Park [Base] 

Other Problems with Plant Evolution Noticed

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 81 (4,529 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [UNSURE] Plants change quality on their own (evolve on their own ?)

Hero

Plants no longer change their quality or evolve on their own after Sims traveling.

Fixed in Patch 1.68.154/ 1.33

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 81 of 81 (2,994 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@Avenagaliene Does this happen on all lots you have or only this one with these lot traits ? Maybe it's a perk of one of the lot traits ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 81 (4,375 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@crinrict -- I've been doing testing.  I've tried new games, repairing, etc.  and seem to have the same bug regardless of what Sim is on there and/or traits.  So my lot itself seems to be bugged.  I have been trying to get a hold of someone to replicate it on theirs, to no avail.

It also made Garden Variety Aspiration impossible to complete without cheating.

Message 3 of 81 (4,340 Views)

★★ Guide

Is the neighborhood footprint green? It seems like plants improve in quality under a green footprint, which may be by design.

Message 4 of 81 (4,334 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@Bra1nBlast3dNeutral / Green both have the same impact on the lot for me.  Please keep in mind as well that I can SAVE the game and come back to an upgraded plant.

Message 5 of 81 (4,324 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have this issue also. It is happening in different lots with different sims. Also, I had a number of Perfect plants that have downgraded themselves to Magnificent. There are a few that were ready to evolve prior to encountering the bug, those seem to not be evolving on their own. In addition, sheltered plants are resetting to just a dirt pile when a season changes and have to grow again.

Message 6 of 81 (4,274 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I am currently playing on Long... so when my Season changes I'll see if this occurs for me as well... Regardless I'll add it up top.

Also @Ysenne , could you possibly tell me what Traits/Locations you have replicated the bug at...?

Message 7 of 81 (4,246 Views)

Re: Plant Evolution Problems

★★ Novice

Within my game my plants also keep resetting to dirt piles despite having been excellent quality, in the right season, and outdoors. I tried planting on diffrent lots, removing/or changing traits. There is no mods in my game. This is really annoying because any work put into planting is just randomly reset. 

Message 8 of 81 (4,212 Views)

Re: Plant Evolution Problems

Hero
@Sugaababyy That sounds more like this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Bushes-shrink-after-harvesting/td-p/9168505

@Avenagaliene Marking this as unsure and I'll try to get some info but it might be a while.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 81 (4,172 Views)

Re: [UNSURE] Plants change quality on their own (evolve on their own ?)

★ Apprentice

I have been having a similar issue but the opposite way - magnificent plants will chance to 'nice' quality randomly, rather than keeping their quality after being evolved.

Message 10 of 81 (4,119 Views)