Original Post

Highlighted

[UNSURE] [PS4] [GF] How to sign autographs and do poses in meet and greet event

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.19
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get famous, pets and city living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? So Im not sure this a bug or not but currently my sim who is a rising star celebrity has conducted a social event which is a meet and greet session and some of the tasks that are required to be perform during the event was to sign autographs for fans as well as do poses for them to take pictures.
What happens when the bug occurs? My problem is that when I try to open up the interaction menu with the fans I cant find the option to sign autographs for them. I try to figure the way by watching youtube videos from some players who did M&G with their sims and it seems that the signing autograph option is under the “friendly interaction” but I just cant find it even thoguh I clicked “more choices.” I also try to click my sim to make poses for pictures and the option didnt appear as well.
What do you expect to see? The option mention above would appear
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Im not sure if this is actually a bug or I might be missing certain steps to do both of those tasks in the meet and greet event? 

Message 1 of 14 (17,442 Views)

Re: sims 4: Get famous how to sign autographs and do poses in meet and greet eve

Hero
@Asheisha96 Some of this was fixed on PC. Not sure what the current status is for console.

You might want to wait until the next patch and re-check then.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 14 (17,378 Views)

Re: sims 4: Get famous how to sign autographs and do poses in meet and greet eve

★ Apprentice

What does it mean by next patch?? Is it like some sort of game updates?

Message 3 of 14 (17,327 Views)

Hero
@Asheisha96 yes. You guys will probably get one shortly before Discover University comes out for console.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 14 (17,322 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@Asheisha96  @crinrict  I hosted two different meet and greets, one was with my 5 star celebrity so he had no issues with autographs or posing. I then tried again with a two star celebrity.

The "Pose for Pictures" showed up by clicking the famous sim while controlling him and then going through the "More Options" until I found the correct menu. The "Pose for Pictures" does show up with my famous sim selected and then going through his personal action menu.

The Sims™ 4_20191127155957.jpg

The "Sign Autographs" I do not believe I did this the first time I hosted a meet and greet because I also couldn't find the "Sign Autographs" in the menu, but this was the third Meet and Greet I have done and going through the friendly options until it appeared. The "Sign Autographs" in my game was probably 5 "More Options" deep in the friendly menus. It's not easy to find. In my game there also wasn't any way to see that it was the correct menu item so it's easy to miss unless you are carefully looking for it.

The Sims™ 4_20191127155957.jpg

I did find all the options for my meet and greet as a two star celebrity, but finding the correct options for Posing and Signing autographs required a lot of menu "more options" toggling.

Message 5 of 14 (17,301 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@PoptartJuniper I looked carefully through my friendly interaction options with the fan and it seems like I can’t find the options to sign for an autograph. the friendly interaction menu in my sim only had 5 parts/pages and I didnt find it even I tried to expand it by clicking “more options.”

Also I tried clicking my celebrity sim and there are no options for posing as well. Pretty sure mine was a bug then-_-

5E48CC93-503C-4CB0-B702-FC4E334C53B6.jpeg

Message 6 of 14 (17,278 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@Asheisha96  I really think my first celebrity after I installed GF had the same trouble. I could only sign autographs for Sims he's never met until his celebrity level was higher. Once he was 5 star I had all the interactions just not the lower ones. My new celebrity has no trouble at all. The first celebrity was a YA already when I installed GF but the new celebrity was born with GF already active. Is there something similar with your celebrity? 

Edit: My first celebrity was also a cured vampire. Is your sim a vampire or a cured one? Disregard I see you don't own Vampires. 

Message 7 of 14 (17,267 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I dont quite understand on what you have just explain. Do you mean that I need to have my celebrity sim reaching a five star level of fame in order for the interactions to appear with other celebrity sims as well? And the interactions would also appear on sims that were part of the GF expansion pack is that what you mean?

And also during the M&G I tested the interactions on fans that I dont even know nor invited them to the event but both interaction options didnt appear as well.

(Posts merged by CM)

Message 8 of 14 (17,260 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Asheisha96  No, I mean I had a celebrity when I first installed GF that I think had the same issue during a meet and greet. The celebrity later had all the interactions when he was 5 star. 

I have a new sim that's a two star celebrity who has all the interactions at 2 star. 

Did you recently install get famous is what I am asking. My first famous sim was adult already but my second one was born into the fame system. 

Message 9 of 14 (17,248 Views)

★ Apprentice

@PoptartJuniper yes I just currently installed GF last week and that sim who was having trouble in the M&G is my first celebrity with 2 stars of fame. I never had another celebrity sim higher than 2 stars of fame level.

Message 10 of 14 (17,259 Views)