Re: Toddlers won't gain any "Conflict Resolution" values

by Tasha1709

Original Post

Hero
@Tasha1709 Can you take printscreen and then paste into paint to get a screenshot ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 36 (506 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hello again @crinrict !

I took a screenshot, but honestly there isn't much to see there. ^^'

The toddler I was talking about in my first post is now a child. So now, I tried it with his little sister. In the picture you see that she's being taught to say sorry and that the arrow for "conflict resolution" flashes. Looks pretty normal, but the bar won't move a little bit. The only difference between the little girl and her brother is: the arrow for "manners" doesn't flash anymore while being taught "conflict resolution".

(Generally, the whole pack feels quite buggy - but that's stuff for other topics in the forum.)

bug conflict resolution.png

Message 22 of 36 (469 Views)

Hero
@Tasha1709 I did some self-testing on two games of mine and while I do feel it moves a tiny little bit (hard to notice) as described in the other thread, I had both of my family completely freeze after a while (fast forward).

The toddler went kind of in a T-Pose and none of the Sims would move.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 36 (463 Views)

★ Apprentice

Thanks for your reply, @crinrict.

I didn't experience any freezing. And I'm still sure, that the bar doesn't move at all. Especially with the first toddler I tried it so often and so many sessions in a row - and there was still no progress.

Message 24 of 36 (453 Views)

Hero
@Tasha1709 did you fast forward while you taught them ? That might be a factor for the freezing, I'm seeing.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 25 of 36 (445 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hello again @crinrict,

I tested another family now and there everything seems to work fine. I had a toddler taught to say sorry, I put the game on fast forward - and I can already see a slight progress after only two sessions (without freezing or T-position). That's a complete difference compared to the other family.

So, I guess, it's only that one specific family, the first family I played after installation of Island Living.

Message 26 of 36 (419 Views)

Hero
@Tasha1709 Do you still have a save from when that SIm was a toddler you would be able to share ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 27 of 36 (404 Views)

★ Guide

Hello, I have this same problem. Not so long ago I opened a report thread about it but I've been told that Toddlers won't gain any Conflict Resolution value until they grew up into kids. I marked that as a solution but now I'm having some doubts. I tried again a minute ago, a fresh new save, but making a parent teach how to say sorry won't make the Conflict Resolution manner rise in a toddler. I don't have any save sadly since I just tried with a random family I deleted after the test.   

Message 28 of 36 (436 Views)

★ Apprentice

No, unfortunately not. Sorry. Frown

Message 29 of 36 (432 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Alexmeteor I had merged the post with your thread but had to split agfain cause of the flashing @Tasha1709 was seeing, it's better to treat this separately.

There should be gain, but very very little and it's hardly noticeable and in my tests it was always in the negative and got smaller negative.

Here's the other thread for reference: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Toddlers-character-values-don-t-change/td-p/7850991

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 30 of 36 (426 Views)