by Alexmeteor

Original Post

[UNSURE] [PH] Toddlers won't gain any "Conflict Resolution" values

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all except for Bowling Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Teach a toddler to say sorry and watch the Parenthood character values "conflict resolution" and "manners" while you're at it.
What happens when the bug occurs? While teaching your toddler to say sorry you'll see the typical green arrow flash for "conflict resolution" and also for "manners". But both values won't improve, my toddler will neither gain "conflict resolution" nor "manners".
What do you expect to see? I expect my toddler to gain positive "conflict resolution" values while teaching him "to say sorry". (Not sure if he is supposed to gain positive "manners" values as well
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. THE PROBLEM OCCURS SINCE ISLAND LIVING IS INSTALLED. I've been playing a lot since the latest patch and didn't notice any bug like that but today is my first play session with Island Living and I noticed it very quickly. - I never use any mods or CC, I have cleared the cache data multiple times and repaired the game once, but none of this helped.

I can't take any screenshots from the UI.

Message 18 of 36 (2,236 Views)

Toddlers character values don't change

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Italiano
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.51.77.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Trying to interact with a toddler to modify their character values.
What happens when the bug occurs? As much as I try to make them progress the sims' character values remain the same and don't increase or decrease at all.
What do you expect to see? Character values increasing or decreasing following the sim's beaviour or the actions of their parents.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I tried to repair the game but the issue is still there. Every character value is stuck on neutral no matter how much I try to make their parents educate the toddlers.

Message 1 of 36 (2,389 Views)

Re: Toddlers character values don't change

Hero

Could you test a different toddler to see if it's related to this toddler only ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 36 (2,360 Views)

★ Guide

Hi, I just tested it with another toddler. Manners seem to increase but Conflict Resolution is still stuck. 

Message 3 of 36 (2,357 Views)

Hero
What interaction are you using for conflict resolution ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 36 (2,346 Views)

Champion (Retired)

I believe this is by design. The impact in character values that I have observed is more notable for children and teens. 

I do not have toddlers in my current save but can test this today.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 5 of 36 (2,337 Views)

★ Guide

I'm using  parents teaching to say Sorry. 

Message 6 of 36 (2,331 Views)

Hero
There's currently this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-PH-Toddlers-Conflict-Resolution-goes-down-teaching... so maybe they're related ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 36 (2,316 Views)

★ Guide

I'm not sure if they're related or not to be honest. I noticed that while the parent is teaching the toddler to say sorry the conflict resolution bar won't increase at all, not even temporarily. 

Message 8 of 36 (2,311 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Alexmeteor 
Conflict Resolution - The active Sim can influence this value positively or negatively by performing the actions in the description. These are not actions that can be performed by a toddler. It would not be expected for a toddler to show a gain or loss in this character value.
I am using my teen to show the actions that influence this value.

Character Value - Conflict Resolution

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 9 of 36 (2,291 Views)