by gardenlobster

Original Post

[UNSURE] [PH] Responsibility no longer raises for kids/teens' cleaning tasks

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Vampires, Outdoor Retreat, MFPS, Backyard Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a child or teen mop, clean a potty, or clean a sink or toilet
What happens when the bug occurs? Children/teens do not gain responsibility from actions that previously granted responsibility, and adult sims will occasionally gain responsibility (sometimes other character values) from random social interactions. The former is reliably broken, but the latter seems to happen at random. I have seen this on multiple vanilla saves, not just my 100 Baby save.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see responsibility going up for all responsible actions, not just homework, projets, and going to school. I expect adult sims not to gain character values.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The most recent December patch

I play the 100 Baby Challenge on Twitch stream in totally vanilla game. We've been playing this save since August. Until the most recent update, my kids would gain responsibilty as their character value by doing things like cleaning, mopping, cleaning out potties, etc. These actions no longer raise responsibility. Only doing homework, going to school, and doing projects raises responsibility now. We specifically talked about it a few times on stream because we were so used to having them do things around the house to raise responsibility. Oddly, I will see adult sims get the green responsibility+ over their heads from social interactions. I've play tested this with other vanilla saves, and while adult sims getting the character value+ visual seems to be random, kids can no longer do regular cleaning tasks to gain responsibility in any save.

Message 1 of 7 (700 Views)

Re: Responsibility no longer raises for kids/teens' cleaning tasks

Hero
@gardenlobster Tested this on my save and had one child make a mess and then clean it up --> Got responsibility and the other clean up dishes --> Also got responsibility.

To be sure, does the bar not raise for you or do you not get the +Responsibility over their head at all ?

Does it matter if the children are normal Sims or some kind of occult ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (664 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@crinrict I never let my kids make messes, but I tried it and those work. The real problem comes with teens and regular household tasks like mopping and cleaning sinks/toilets. It's not just not showing, it's not going up. I had one teen hold up a pregnancy over a weekend because she was done with homework, had no school for 2 days, and cleaning didn't work. Dishes should give Manners, not Responsibility.

I should note I'm on mobile as my PCs motherboard fried last night, so I'm sorry if answers are short.

(Posts merged by CM)

Message 3 of 7 (647 Views)

Hero
@gardenlobster Are you sure it worked before ?

None of these are listed on Carl's Guide: https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/gamepacks/parenthood/values.php

Cleaning up dishes is a bit funny as it gives me responsibility for kids and manners for teens.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 7 (631 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide
@crinrict Yep. Worked fine for over a year, and you can go back through my VOD history to see it in action. If I had teens that needed responsibility I'd have them clean potties, sinks, counters, and toilets. That's how we decided to use responsibility as the character value trait for the challenge and would leave those tasks undone if no teens in the house. Used to be able to get teens out in one school day.
Message 5 of 7 (621 Views)

★ Guide

I got a clip of a character value raising for my adult matriarch: https://clips.twitch.tv/PlayfulFriendlyCodMingLee

Message 6 of 7 (558 Views)

Hero
@gardenlobster Thanks.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 7 (535 Views)