by Gutzyella

Original Post

[UNSURE] Nanny acts flirty with children on lot

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.50.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, all game packs. Missing some stuff packs -- I do not have movie/bowling/first pet/spooky/toddlers.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a flirty nanny on a lot with children.
What happens when the bug occurs? The nanny shows as "Flirty" and speaks in a flirty tone and with flirty dialogue options to the kids on the lot.
What do you expect to see? I expect the nanny to perform standard dialogue and help the kids with homework, not to be a creeper hitting on my sim kids.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

When I asked about this on a fairly large TS4 Facebook group, many people said they have the same issue and some just don't use nannies any longer. Please address if possible. Thank you.

Message 1 of 10 (1,396 Views)

Re: Nanny flirts with children on lot.

Hero
I'm not sure I understand you correctly so making sure.

As the Nanny is a ServiceNPC, I'm a bit confused. ? What do you mean by flirty dialog options ? Is it just the way the animation goes or is anything off with the interactions the children have on the nanny ?

Does she actually flirt with them and get a romantic relationship ?

Picture and/or video might help.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (1,388 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

In this case, it was a male nanny and the interaction was with a male child.

The nanny showed as flirty and you can clearly hear the difference and see the difference when a sim is being flirty. He was flirty and went to the child while the child was on the computer. He used the flirty voice and swayed with the flirty animation. The child was upset, presumably because children reject romantic advances, as it should be.

This is just wrong. And it's not just me. The FB group reported it happening to both male and female nannies. Sometimes they flirt with the kids, sometimes they call the children and ask them to skip school to hang out with them. Something is very wrong. I will not want to use nannies until I hear something has changed.

Thank you.

Message 3 of 10 (1,353 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Apprentice

i haven't noticed this specifically, but i will pay more attention. I know my nannies talk to my kids constantly, like to the point the kids can't autonomously take care of their needs... so I will keep an eye out for this also

Message 4 of 10 (1,332 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thank you.

Message 5 of 10 (1,307 Views)

★ Apprentice
Sims will use the animations and voice for each emotion regardless of who they're talking to. They won't use romance options on a child. That's not a bug.
Message 6 of 10 (1,276 Views)

Hero

@ChangeArranger 

I'll add that as unsure for now cause I'm unsure if it's a bug

Do you only see this with the nanny ? Do you have any flirty decoration or does your nanny have the flirty trait ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 10 (1,254 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@deadchloe Is correct. It's a big downside to the emotion system and has nothing to do with nannies in particular. The game assigns random emotions to NPCs and this is a side effect of that. I see this all the time in my game and just try to ignore it.

It's noticeable to you because of the scenario in question, but if you spend any time in your game observing the behavior of NPCs on lots, you'll see this isn't so unusual. You just had the bad luck of the draw with it being your nanny.

Also, I just thought of this: you can always use the Show Sim Info mod from Mod the Sims to see exactly what interactions an NPC has in their queue. Plus it will show you things about their mood, etc. It's a good way to see what exactly an NPC is doing when they're interacting with another Sim.

Message 8 of 10 (1,239 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I don't use Nannies, but I've definitely seen my Sims when I'm not playing them and maybe other NPC Sims randomly be Flirty when they talk to my currently active Sim(s). It's definitely awkward. ^_^;

@manzana0807 : Hmm, never thought of using Show Sim Info for that (I mainly use it to see which Sims are currently on the lot I'm playing and to monitor the progress of pregnancies, especially in the final trimester). Thanks for the tip! Standard smile

Message 9 of 10 (1,211 Views)

★★ Pro

@StarryMight I use it to monitor pregnancies as well. I use it for so many things! It's very helpful being able to see the needs of pets and babies with it too. I know in the past it's really helped troubleshoot problems with different Sims. I don't even think of it as a mod so much, but more like a utility since it's just pulling information already stored in the game.

Message 10 of 10 (1,202 Views)