Re: Child sims can’t take pictures with adults.

by LyssSimpatico

Original Post

[OPEN] [MSP] Child sims can’t take pictures with adults

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? V1.21
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Using the tripod from moschino
What happens when the bug occurs? Child sim and adult sim arent fully able to take photos together. “Take photo with” child does not come up as an option, when someone else takes a picture of child and adult they do their own separate poses and do not touch. Cant take selfies with adults.
What do you expect to see? My friend took pictures recently she does not have any mods, and successfully took a photo of her adult and child with the adult lovingly placing his hand on the childs shoulder, also their mother crouching next to the child for a photo.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

My sim child can’t take pictures with a sim adult. I am able to take a picture with a pet and toddler, but not a child. When I have another sim take a picture of the adult and child they do poses that seem very separate. My friend does not have this problem and took pictures of her adults taking pictures with children in cute poses. She does not use mods.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 41 (9,130 Views)

Hero
@LyssSimpatico Please test this without mods installed before reporting as a bug.

Thanks.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 41 (9,097 Views)

★ Guide

I did

Message 3 of 41 (9,067 Views)

Hero
@LyssSimpatico Could you test a fresh save that never had any mods in ?

Also make sure to delete the localthumbcache file.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 41 (9,047 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@crinrict I can testify that even on console Adults and Children cannot take selfies together or use the tripod to take a picture with .... together. They can both be on the markers and take pics that way. But I can't set up pics of parents and kids without markers.
Message 5 of 41 (9,031 Views)

Hero
@Bearpal64 Tested this and I'm curious now how the friend of OP did it then. I get the option for two Sims without the mark but they don't show up as option with your Sim.

Not sure if this is a bug or on purpose though.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 41 (9,022 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Photography is a Adult Skill as it came as part of the Get to Work expansion pack run a retail  photography retail shop.  Even though kids can take pictures with camera the skill won't show up until adulthood, non of my teen sims seem to have the skill either.  This is why kids can't take pictures with Adults.  There is a work around though have the adult and kids be in a group and now use the photo studio from Get To Work to take picture of group.

Message 7 of 41 (9,012 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Sid1701d9  Ok, but in my game.  Children can gain the Photography skill.  It is one of the 13 that they can gain skill in plus the original 4 for a total of 17.  And it's really easy too.  Just send them out into the world and take about 125 to 150 pictures and the skill maxes.  

I don't know if there is a problem with adult/child photos now though.  I  don't take many group photos.  I'll have to check when I start my game but I do recall there was a similar issue a while back but I seem to remember there was a patch note indicating that it had been fixed.  May be wrong on that though.

Also, if you have IL, sims teen and above can gain photography skill by diving at one of the buoys.  I can't remember on children atm.

Edit:  Ok, children can take regular photos of teens and above and vice versa.  But not selfies.  They can only take selfies with other children.  Teens and above can't take selfies with children.  I suspect this is because of the height differences between them and teens and above.  This is with a camera in their inventory.  Didn't try with a photo studio or the tripod.

Edit 2:  Went back in and tried with the tripod and marks.  Could not find the poses in the OP's picture but could get a child and teen to pose together.  TBH, and maybe I'm wrong, but the poses in the picture seem to be a pose using Andrew's Pose Player.  I've got some that are very similar to what's in the pictures.  

Message 8 of 41 (8,982 Views)

★ Guide

so can we all safely say this is definitely a bug? My friend was able to take pictures of their adult and child without markers and we cant? Lol. I contacted gurus on twitter but no response. 

Message 9 of 41 (8,943 Views)

Hero
@LyssSimpatico I don't know if it is hence the unsure.

How did the picture turn out for your friend ? I was able to get adults and children on one picture but as you said, not together. I just didn't get the option with the active Sim and a child.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 41 (8,939 Views)