Original Post

Accepted Solution

[BY DESIGN] [MHSP] [S] Outdoor Projector breaks when raining

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All EP and stuff packs, except Island Living.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place outdoor movie projector screen outside and either cheat to make it rain, or wait for it to rain naturally.
What happens when the bug occurs? The outdoor movie projector breaks every time it rains. I understand this happening with normal electronics, but this TV is meant to be outside so should be updated to not break or react to weather in-game.
What do you expect to see? As soon as it rains, the tv screen breaks and smokes and is no longer usable until the sim repairs it.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

The outdoor movie projector breaks every time it rains. I understand this happening with normal electronics, but this TV is meant to be outside so should be updated to not break or react to weather in-game. 

Message 1 of 13 (4,379 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [UNSURE] [MHSP] [S] Outdoor Projector breaks when raining

Community Manager (retired)

I'm being told this is the intended design and not a bug. Thanks much! Standard smile

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 6 of 13 (4,079 Views)

All Replies

Hero
Added as unsure

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 13 (4,312 Views)

★★ Novice

What does “unsure” mean for the post?

Message 3 of 13 (4,297 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
@karleeta012 That I don't know if it's a bug or not. Trying to get further info

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 13 (4,289 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrictkarleeta012 I decided not to purchase one of those just because my other (massive) outdoor items would do that too. My climbing wall sparked out in the first rain it saw. I am really shocked that something so obvious was overlooked. IRL outdoor items are made specifically to endure the weather but not in the Sims. So I make double-high basements and exercise there.
Message 5 of 13 (4,165 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

I'm being told this is the intended design and not a bug. Thanks much! Standard smile

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 6 of 13 (4,080 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

So the item labelled as "Projectotron Outdoor Movie Screen" was designed to break when placed outside?

Wow...

Message 7 of 13 (4,057 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@DMDragonCTI guess we're supposed to place something above it not to break when it rains but still consider it outdoor...anyone got a good build idea?

Message 8 of 13 (4,039 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@paradiseplanet27   Well, there isn't anything placed above the Projectotron Outdoor Movie Screen as it is presented in the official EA trailer (screenshot provided). Granted that the pack was released before Seasons, but to call such an obvious oversight a "design and not a bug" is on an intellectual level almost offensive, somewhat shameful but definitely lazy. And the object still has the word OUTDOOR in its name!

Sorry my friend. I've always defended the Sims 4 and Maxis in the past, but I'm also noticing a worrying trend of increasing apathy from the gurus that is impossible ignore anymore. I love this game, but the people who make it seem to have lost their passion since the re-branding.

Message 9 of 13 (4,031 Views)

Re: [BY DESIGN] [MHSP] [S] Outdoor Projector breaks when raining

★★★ Newbie

Still an issue and I'm pretty upset by it... I bought the little campers kit thinking that one surely wouldn't break in the rain... literally breaks everytime it rains... repair is 1,250... should be cheaper or free with how often it happens. Not happy about it at all. 

Message 10 of 13 (1,884 Views)