Original Post

Highlighted

[UNSURE] [IL] No NPC mermaids are generated

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Simplified Chinese
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of it
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Long after the game had begun,
What happens when the bug occurs? Other Family Columns Can Not Generate Mermaid NPC
What do you expect to see? Other family columns, can generate Mermaid NPC
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It's been a problem ever since island life was sold

To fix this problem sooner

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 10 (1,408 Views)

Re: The system can not automatically generate mermaid npcs

Hero
@mengzhu123 The household manager doesn't really show if they are mermaids, right ? It shows the Sims non-mermaid form.

Did you check all NPCs to make sure non of them are mermaids ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (1,372 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Yes, they are not mermaids, except for the four mermaids in the original expansion, the system will not generate another mermaid NPC

Message 3 of 10 (1,349 Views)

Hero
@mengzhu123 And you're playing in Sulani ? Think they're only generated when you play on specific lots like beaches.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 10 (1,339 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

The problem is that only the original Mermaid NPC will be included in the expansion, and the system will not generate other mermaid npcs. I want to be like Vampires, wizards, and aliens, and the system will automatically generate other NPC's instead of the original expansion

Message 5 of 10 (1,334 Views)

Hero
@mengzhu123 Yes, I understand what you mean but which world are you playing in ? Are you regularly visiting the beach lots ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 10 (1,326 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I have spent a lot of time playing in Sulani (it & Strangerville are my favorite worlds) in different saves and not once has the game generated a new mermaid.

- This is with sims living there, quite a few of which are also Merfolk. Yes, I have visited the comm beach lots and my Merfolk live on res beach lots.

Message 7 of 10 (1,287 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Whether you live on an island or play there, the system doesn't automatically generate any new mermaid npcs

Message 8 of 10 (1,272 Views)

Champion
@mengzhu123 If you just visit the beaches, it seems like the game only needs four. I deleted two of the original mermaids and the game made two new ones to replace them.

It’s the same for all sims the game needs - if it has enough, then it stops making more. I only have about 8 vampires before the game stopped making more.
Message 9 of 10 (1,226 Views)

★★ Guide

I only had 3 pre-made merfolk, not 4.  I finally had some time to do a bit of testing.

First test, I deleted the 3 pre-made merfolk. Sent a sim to the comm lot beaches. Checked Manage Households after quite a few sim hours.

Results - Some new random regular townies, 3 vampires and 0 merfolk.

Second test, I did a "save as" so I could test further, without ruining my main save. I then deleted my 6 young adult Merfolk and the mermaid child & 3 Merfolk toddlers. With no Merfolk in the save at this point. I sent a sim to the beaches for a sim day.

Results - The game created a grand total of 2 merfolk.  1 male & 1 female. 

Another day at the beach didn't make any difference.

So it seems the game will create at least 2 Merfolk, provided you have none or maybe it will create one, if you only have one.

Message 10 of 10 (1,185 Views)