Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [IL] Child of the Islands - Communing With Elementals Problem

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.50.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Perform an island culture activity, summon the elementals, and interact with them to request a judgement/a blessing.
What happens when the bug occurs? When my sims interact with the Elementals to ask for judgement, nothing happens. I asked for judgement 13 times during the most recent summoning, and only received a blessing right at the very end of the summoning session. I'd think it was by design, but on one previous occasion my sim did not receive a judgement at all, and on another occasion she received the blessing a bit over an hour before the summoning session ended.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the interaction working the first time, or only at the end of the session, if that's what is intended. 6-13 requests is entirely excessive.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Has been the case since Island Living was installed.

I'm not sure whether this is a bug or a design feature I'm not fully understanding.

When my sims interact with the Elementals to ask for judgement, nothing happens. I asked for judgement 13 times during the most recent summoning, and only received a blessing right at the very end of the summoning session.

I'd think it was by design, but on one previous occasion my sim did not receive a judgement at all, and on another occasion she received the blessing a bit over an hour before the summoning session ended. It took her six requests on that particular occasion.

If blessings/curses are meant to take effect at the end of the summoning session, that's fine.

But if it's meant to be "on request", then having to make 6-13 requests (or potentially more) is really excessive and I hope it's fixed.

Message 1 of 17 (14,673 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [UNSURE/A] [IL] Child of the Islands - Communing With Elementals Problem

Hero

Sims with Child of the Island Trait can now Summon Island Elements, Ask for Judgement, and receive Judgement properly.
○ I mean, maybe it was a good thing that you were not being judged, but hey, you do you.

Fixed in Patch 1.61.15

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 17 of 17 (6,327 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

The same happens to me. Nothing happens when I try to summon the Island elementals. I have experienced a lot of bugs/glitches with the new game... 

Message 2 of 17 (14,374 Views)

Hero
Added as unsure. Haven't had a chance to try this myself.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 17 (14,210 Views)

Re: [UNSURE] [IL] Child of the Islands - Communing With Elementals Problem

★ Apprentice

I had this when I tried to communicate with the elementals. Every time I'd ask for judgement my sim would just walk around for a few seconds then the task would disappear without her actually talking to them. 

Message 4 of 17 (14,135 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

When summon elementals is used, one of the elementals should judge you. When the elemental judges the sim, a message should pop up stating if they were denied or accepted for connection to island culture. The sim should also get a buff or debuff. You shouldn't be able to ask to judge again.

So what you're describing sounds like a bug, but we haven't been able to reproduce. Can you possibly share a save file? Thanks so much! 

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 5 of 17 (13,750 Views)

★ Guide
@SimGuruNick I have a kid sim who has this trait.
‘Ask for judgement’ appears at first.
But after he had introduced himself to the elemental.
He won't be able to find 'ask for judgement' again.
Message 6 of 17 (13,575 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

My sim is acting like she can't even get to the elementals. When I click on them to ask for judgement, I get the thought bubble with the footsteps and question mark. I'm having so many issues with IL that I'm not able to play anymore Frown 

Message 7 of 17 (13,525 Views)

Hero (Retired)
My sim called for elementals but he did not ask for judgment.
He behaved very friendly, he complimented them and when the meeting ended he received a blessing. It was information what popped up. It looks like this judgment depends on the behavior of the sim during the meeting and it is received only when the meeting is over.
Message 8 of 17 (13,499 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hey Nick

I'm also getting this issue. Happy to share a save file, how do I do that?

Message 9 of 17 (13,278 Views)

Hero
@pdent You can find all information here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 17 (12,917 Views)