by Tsukichild

Original Post

[UNSURE] [GTW] [ECO] Items from Landfill Lot trait can't be 'set for sale'

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I've change The Shipping Views lot to retail, and added the Landfill Lot trait to make a junkyard. Sims leave broken appliances several times per day. My sim repairs and cleans them, but cannot set them for sale to be sold in the retail store.
What happens when the bug occurs? No "set for sale" option appears for items left via the Landfill Lot trait.
What do you expect to see? I expect a "set for sale" option on the appliances left on the lot by NPCs.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I installed Eco Living.

I've created a junkyard on the The Shipping Views lot in the new Eco Living expansion. The lot is set to Retail. NPC sims come several tiems per day, leaving broken appliances on the lot. I am unable to set any of these items for sale, but would expect to be able to do so on a retail lot. 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Shortened Title

Message 1 of 5 (2,115 Views)
Highlighted

Re: [UNSURE] [GTW] [ECO] Items from Landfill Lot trait can't be "set for sa

★★★★ Novice
@vashtiuthpisces I found out that you can put it in your household/retail inventory then take it out and it works. There is an issue however where they drop things off on the edge of the lot and you cannot move it.

I had to move an entire retail store due to fridges being stuck and people trying to make food. Bulldozing doesn't remove it either.
Message 2 of 5 (1,981 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thank you! I had this same issue and moving the item to my inventory and back out again worked!

Message 3 of 5 (1,808 Views)

★ Guide

@Tsukichild wrote:
@vashtiuthpiscesI found out that you can put it in your household/retail inventory then take it out and it works. There is an issue however where they drop things off on the edge of the lot and you cannot move it.

I had to move an entire retail store due to fridges being stuck and people trying to make food. Bulldozing doesn't remove it either.

Testingcheats on, shift-click, there should be an option to "Destroy Object [Debug]".

This "Landfill Lot" retail store is one idea that never occurred to me!

Message 4 of 5 (1,776 Views)

Hero
@snow_dog04 That cheat only works with twistedMexis Allecheats mod. It's not part of regular game (wished it was)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 5 (1,734 Views)