by canelacaliente

Original Post

[UNSURE] [GTW] [ECO] Can't Make Copies of Candles

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansions: All Game Packs: Outdoor Retreat, Dine Out, Spa Day, Strangerville Stuff Packs: My First Pet, Perfect Patio, Moschino, Tiny House
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a Sim create a candle. Go to the inventory. Click on the candle.
What happens when the bug occurs? There is no option to make a copy of the candle.
What do you expect to see? The option to make a copy of the candle.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Here is an image:

07-05-20_6-36-09 PM.png

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 5 (365 Views)

Re: [GTW][ECO] Can't Make Copies of Candles

Champion
@canelacaliente I don’t think this is a bug. Surely crafting items are meant to be crafted if you want more, or it would detract from the need for the candle making station and soy wax farming.

Have you ever been able to click on items made from the fabricator and copy those? Or woodwork from the woodworking station and copy those?
Message 2 of 5 (324 Views)

★★ Pro

@canelacaliente  Unless you mean you want to make a second and can't. You do need a few bits and pieces to be able to make candles. That part always seemed a little weird to me, but maybe that's how one goes about getting the wicks for their candles and metal ends. Every candle has to be made one at a time so that part isn't a glitch. Unless you have the required bits and pieces and wax and still can't use the station, that isn't a bug.

Message 3 of 5 (304 Views)

★★★ Pro

@simvasion 

Have you ever been able to click on items made from the fabricator and copy those?

I haven't tested the fabricator since most of those objects go into the household inventory besides the repair parts.  The repair parts have not been able to be copied before.  I don't know if there would be a change.

Or woodwork from the woodworking station and copy those?

Objects that go into the Sim's personal inventory made from woodworking table can be copied.  Maybe it is a bug where no crafted objects can be copied if you are unable to copy objects from the woodworking table.

Message 4 of 5 (286 Views)

Champion
@canelacaliente just because it works that way for the woodworking doesn't mean it should work that way for the candle making though. The difference I can see between them is what PriestessAvenara mentioned, in that the items from the candle making consume crafting materials, whereas other things you can make direct copies of like paintings, photos, woodworks and books don't.

I don't think you can copy items from the robot station either because they consume robot parts to create.
Message 5 of 5 (258 Views)