by Dannirossb

Original Post

[UNSURE] [GTW] Alien-Sim couples rarely produce hybrids

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Français
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cat and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Realm of Magic, Strangerville, Parenthood, Vampires, Tiny Living, Romantic Garden, Movie Hangout
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a female sim have a baby with a male alien
What happens when the bug occurs? The baby from a male alien and female sim is usually human
What do you expect to see? I expect to see hybrid babies all/most of the time, easily identifiable because as babies they have the alien suit and their skin color is the same as the alien parent.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I haven't played with alien-sim hybrids for a while so I'm not sure when this started happening. I was using MCCC previously and my female sim had 7 babies with 3 different alien males (none of whom were part of the household) and 6 out of 7 of the babies were full humans. I removed MCCC and created a family with a female sim and male alien and they had a hybrid baby. Then I played with my old save and my female sim still had a human baby. The glitch may be that the alien needs to be part of the household, I will next try this and see if this changes anything.

Message 1 of 7 (740 Views)

Re: Alien-Sim couples rarely produce hybrids

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Dannirossb 

You say 6 out of 7, so they're still happening ? Since they had so many issues with hybrids with other occult, maybe things were changed a bit. At this point, I just don't know.

I assume the male alien was full-bread ?

This is similar: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/BY-DESIGN-Alien-and-normal-sim-never-have-alien-babies/m-p/882...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (689 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@crinrictSo I went ahead and repaired my game and then tried moving in an alien, both still resulted in human babies. Now I think it has been 8/9 babies with my save were human and the throwaway save I made had a hybrid baby too.

I thought that these alien hybrids were pretty stable though. They've been part of Get To Work from day 1 and their only powers are the alien handshake I think.

Also there have been 3 different male aliens I tried having babies with and they were all full alien with disguises and such.

But that other post wasn't a glitch, the person didn't understand how the game works. I know that alien-sim pairings are supposed to produce hybrids babies, *not* full aliens and not full sims.

Message 3 of 7 (655 Views)

Hero
@Dannirossb I really don't know at this point. When they first were introduced, Aliens were pretty much the only occult we had but now they're causing issues with other occults so maybe something was changed .. or it's a bug as you say.

Marking this as Unsure for now.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 7 (629 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@crinrict The problem seems to actually be fixed as long as the alien male is part of the household when the baby is born. So I at least no longer have as much of a problem with this issue, although obviously they shouldn't have to be part of the household.
Message 5 of 7 (589 Views)

Hero
@Dannirossb By this you mean, they become humans if they are born while you play another family ?

Just making sure I understand right.

Is the female part of a played household and you play rotationally or do you just play with the male one ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 7 (563 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hi, sorry for my late response. They are born human when I am playing the same household, the female sim is a permanent fixture and it's only the male aliens who aren't part of the household.

Message 7 of 7 (521 Views)