Original Post

Accepted Solution

[BY DESIGN] [GF] Simstagram always gives 12 followers

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.48.94.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and dogs, city living, seasons, get famous, get to work, get together, dine out, outdoor retreat, parenthood, spa day, backyard stuff, cool kitchen, fitness, kids room, laundry day, movie night, patio, toddler stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Post to simstagram
What happens when the bug occurs? Every time my sim interacts with simstagram (update simstagram, take photo of pet, etc) they only ever gain exactly 12 followers.
What do you expect to see? A varied amount of follower gain.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My sim gains the exact same amount of followers every time she interacts with Simstagram.

Message 1 of 9 (7,309 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [UNSURE] [GF] Simstagram always gives 12 followers

EA Sims Team

Hello.

I heard this is how it was intentionally implemented.  The feedback is noted though.

Thank you.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 6 of 9 (5,551 Views)

All Replies

Re: Simstagram 12 Followers Bug

Champion
Not really sure if it's a bug, since I have always only got 12 followers from posting an image to social media, even with the social media career that came with City Living and that's been that way for years.

Even higher strength social media commands like livestreaming give exactly the same amounts every time with no variation - e.g. livestream = 700,000 new followers every time with no variation.

So I am not surprised posting an image to simstagram is treated the same.

It would be nice if there was some variation, and scaling up depending on fame level or reputation.
Message 2 of 9 (7,258 Views)

Hero
Will add as unsure. Not sure if it's a bug either.

I get 15 IIRC but always the same number too.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 9 (7,219 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Same, always 12.
Message 4 of 9 (7,195 Views)

Hero
Added as Unsure

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 9 (7,140 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello.

I heard this is how it was intentionally implemented.  The feedback is noted though.

Thank you.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 6 of 9 (5,552 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

If this is how it was intentionally implemented then why is there an achievement for gaining 25 followers, 250 followers and 1500 followers .. I'd assume this is for a single post as my sim has 8,806 followers total and the only achievement I've received is the 25 followers. My last post via computer says I gained 50 followers but via my phone it was 12 followers. It doesn't matter what I post I never make the next achievement.

Also; have no mods or CC's and I have all packs.

Message 7 of 9 (4,925 Views)

Hero
@MumzieO That achievement came with pet. Can you try if it works if you simstagram pets ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 9 (4,886 Views)

★ Novice
@crinrict It does. I'm an idiot...took me forever to figure out that I needed to take a pic of my dog and make sure they were in the lil square for it to work. (Insert facepalm here)
Message 9 of 9 (4,867 Views)