by amaliuhh

Original Post

[UNSURE] [GF] Sim gets Practice Acting as task after reaching level 10

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get together, get famous, vampires, university, city living, parenthood, seasons
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? in the acting career, after reaching a level 10 acting skill, when going with the sim on the lot to perform the gig, it tells me that one of the task i need to do to get Gold is 'practice acting' (despite my acting skilled being maxed out) and because it's maxed out, nothing happens when practicing in the mirror and I can't get Gold for any of my acting gigs just because it's impossible for me to level up in acting
What happens when the bug occurs? i cannot get gold while doing acting gigs because it doesn't register that i have maxed out my acting skill, so whenever i have to 'practice acting' while on the set, nothing happens to that task (as in it doesn't get completed ever) but it does get a little laggy
What do you expect to see? i expect either to not get the 'practice acting' task during a gig or register that i have done it despite my maxed out acting skill
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I need a way to make the game register that I have already maxed out certain skill so i won't have to constantly do them again as tasks, or at least to register when i'm doing them on set, since leveling up would be impossible (due to already being maxed out) and it otherwise does not register me doing the task

Message 1 of 7 (2,244 Views)

Re: Sims 4 get famous acting career bug

Hero
@amaliuhh The prep tasks have a thread here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-GF-Actor-Prep-Tasks-reset-on-traveling/td-p/853357...

Could you please edit your post to make it about the practice acting appearing at level 10 only.

QA needs one thread per issue.

Thanks

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (2,170 Views)

★ Novice

hi, i just edited it to be just about the practice acting bug

Message 3 of 7 (2,147 Views)

Hero
@amaliuhh Thanks.

Marking this as unsure for now as I don't know if it can be counted as bug.

If there's enough people bothered by this, the team hopefully considers changing it if it's not.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 7 (2,137 Views)

Re: [UNSURE] [GF] Sim gets Practice Acting as task after reaching level 10

Hero

@amaliuhh  @crinrict I have a number of  sims in the acting career that have maxed acting and are 5 star celebrities.  I have done a lot of gigs and the Practice Acting task seems to come up almost every time.  My sims have had no problem completing the task whatsoever.  They just stand in front of the mirror until the action circle fills in the queue and the task marks as complete by yellowing out then disappearing.  It doesn't complete immediately as some of the others do.  It does take a couple of minutes in real time.  But....I have not played any of my actors since DU was released and wasn't planning to until the pre gig bug was fixed after learning about it.  So this could be connected to that bug.  

Tell me this though, are the other tasks completing?  Like Upload to Simstagram, Rehearse Scene with CoStar,  Eat a Meal, Get Makup and Costume, Get Notes from Director, Tell Director you're Ready to Begin, etc. or is it just that one?   

Message 5 of 7 (2,090 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@CGrant56 Mine too. I can do the pre-performance task just fine with my sim at acting level 10. Works great.
Message 6 of 7 (1,997 Views)

Champion

I agree with @CGrant56 and @Psychotps .  The "practice acting" task is just part of the gig, regardless of skill level in acting. It does take a while for the practice action to complete, though, so it may seem like nothing is happening.  Eventually the task is marked completed.  Anyway, I think it's similar to pre-gig tasks like "develop fitness skill".  Even though my sim has maxed the fitness skill, "develop fitness" was one of the pre-gig tasks.  Apologies for posting on a slightly older post but  I was actually researching a different issue and found this one.  I noticed it was still marked UNSURE so I thought I'd weigh in.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 7 of 7 (1,491 Views)