by ArchXDiablo

Original Post

[UNSURE] [GF] Royalties for released songs on mixer station don't stop

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.48.94.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? ALL
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Release some songs.
What happens when the bug occurs? Royalties gradually drop to $1-$10 but remain there, neverending.
What do you expect to see? Royalties drop to $0 and stop.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Been 42 sim days since last song, yet the first one ever released still shows up as $1-$2 after like 80 sim days.

Message 1 of 12 (3,193 Views)

Re: [UNSURE] [GF] Royalties for released songs on mixer station don't stop

Hero
Are you basing this on how the other royalties work that you say it's a bug ?

I'm not sure it is. So going to mark this as unsure for now.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 12 (3,130 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

CM merged posts 

Yes, my video royalties work fine for example, they peak and then go down gradually to 0 then disappear. My sim is still earning royalties from his first song, everyday $1 and so forth for the rest. 15 sim days added since last time.

Update: Still happening, first songs ever released get $1-$2. Anyone knows how (mod or not) to stop royalties? This doesn't happen with videos.

Update #2: I give up, I'm gonna look into the files and mod it out to work like videos. Since no one else has reported this I am guessing royalties from songs are intended to last for life as opposed to the video station ones. Odd though, some have remained stuck at $1-2 others at $30-50. Probably quality.

Please disregard this report. Thank you.

Message 3 of 12 (3,120 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrictYou can tag this as by design. I looked in the code, it seems that for music (unlike videos) it is:
<T n="pay_forever">True</T>
So by default released songs are paid forever.

Message 4 of 12 (3,034 Views)

Re: Royalties for released songs on mixer station don't stop

Hero

Moved this to Game Info as your feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 12 (3,017 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I also have experienced this issue. My sim had several books, videos, and music tracks all published around the same time. Books and videos royalties stopped after a few weeks, but I still have music tracks royalties going after many weeks now.

Message 6 of 12 (2,959 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I'd also like to add that my sim received a "mystical blessing" royalty a long time back while exploring the jungle, and that hasn't expired either. I'd like to see that removed eventually too.

Message 7 of 12 (2,953 Views)

Some royalties never end

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.49.65.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I had a sim publish several books, videos and music tracks all around the same time.
What happens when the bug occurs? The royalties for books and videos ended after a few weeks, but the music track royalties have never stopped. My sim also had a "mystical blessing" given to her on a jungle adventure and that has never stopped either.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the music tracks and mystical blessing royalties end. I don't see why they should go on longer than any other royalties given. It's strange still having so much given in royalties many weeks later.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

n/a

Message 8 of 12 (2,923 Views)

Re: Some royalties never end

Hero

Hi @MayGirl517 

merged your bug report as well.

It's best to keep to one thread.

It's unclear if this was done on purpose or not so gathering more voices here.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 12 (2,916 Views)

Re: Some royalties never end

Hero
Added as unsure

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 12 (2,875 Views)