Original Post

Accepted Solution

[UNSURE] [GF] Household members wear celebrity Sims clothing

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.156.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expacs EXCEPT Snowy Escape; all game packs EXCEPT Dining Out, Star Wars, and Vampires; and ONLY the following stuff packs: Vintage Glamour and Tiny Living.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a Teen and a Parent (or maybe it's a teen daughter and mother?). The teen starts occasionally wearing her mother's outfits. (POSSIBLY this is a celebrity issue, and only becomes an issue if the parent is at the celebrity level where other people imitate their outfits.)
What happens when the bug occurs? The teen sim wears her mother's outfits instead of her own
What do you expect to see? I expect the teen to only wear the outfits that were designed for her (or special outfits from time to time, but not her mother's outfits).
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This started randomly one time when both my teen and mother were at the Geek Con. Instead of wearing her own clothes, the teen was wearing one of her mother's outfits. After that, she sometimes wakes up in the morning wearing her mom's outfits.

The mother is a Global Superstar, and sometimes random townies and fans can be seen wearing her clothes (by design, of course), but the daughter is her DAUGHTER and a played sim (no autonomy) - I don't think she is meant to be subject to that rule. Still, I suspect it may be related. 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 7 (1,370 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Teen randomly wears parent's outfits

[ Edited ]
Hero

@apincas Why not the daughter ? I do think that's what it is.

There's a perk that does it and if you gave that to your Sim, anyone can wear their outfit.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (1,334 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero

@apincas Why not the daughter ? I do think that's what it is.

There's a perk that does it and if you gave that to your Sim, anyone can wear their outfit.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (1,335 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Are household members/relatives of celebrities considered "fans"? I assumed the close personal relationship would make them immune. (In any case, it should, I would think.) I have also played many celebrity sims and never noticed this behavior before, which is another reason I assumed it is not happening by design. 

Message 3 of 7 (1,320 Views)

Hero
@apincas I have no idea.

When last played with that perk the children were still children. So can't say if it should or shouldn't happen.

I'll add an unsure tag

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 7 (1,315 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict update! the teen got a whim about wanting to do something with her mom and the description said "From being a fan" so I guess you're right. So thank you! I guess children can be "fans" of their parents and are subject to the same behaviors.

(Even though if you ask me, they shouldn't Wink

I will accept this as the solution, thank you!
Message 5 of 7 (1,300 Views)

Hero
@apincas Going to leave this on unsure to see if others are bothered by this too.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 7 (1,288 Views)

Re: [UNSURE] [GF] Household members wear celebrity Sims clothing

★ Guide
@apincas This is happening to me. it is so annoying. it is funny that other sims try to copy the celebrity's outfit but people in the same household shouldnt be.
Message 7 of 7 (583 Views)