Re: [UNSURE] Fish Found From Chat Counting For Collection

by wildirishbanshee

Original Post

[UNSURE] Fish Found From Chat Counting For Collection

[ Edited ]

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.69.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but for DU
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Pick a sim, any sim - and talk to another about local fishing spots.
What happens when the bug occurs? When your sim "discovers" a new fish for the notebook, it also counts for the collection.
What do you expect to see? The fish entering the notebook, but sim still having to find the fish the traditional way, i.e catch it.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Just noticed this, and wasn't sure if it were a bug or intended from the fishing overhaul, as I haven't played as much as I'd like since about then. Asked about it on the forum, and found out I wasn't alone so came here. Happens on new and old saves, with or without mods. Not sure when exactly it might have started though, but happens every time.

Message 1 of 4 (540 Views)

Re: Fish Found From Chat Counting For Collection

★★★★ Pro

I have noticed this too and it started after the fishing overhaul that preceded Island Living.  Ever since then I've noticed more chatting interactions about fish (I believe you unlock them as you level up your fishing skill).  These new interactions now tell you about 'new fish' which then gets added to your household collection tab which makes the fishing aspiration much easier to do. I thought it was by design, but that was just me speculating. Standard smile

Best regards,
Jennifer

Message 2 of 4 (526 Views)

Re: Fish Found From Chat Counting For Collection

★ Guide
@wildirishbanshee I'm not sure whether this is a bug or by design either. I think? it's by design?
Message 3 of 4 (507 Views)
Highlighted

Re: [UNSURE] Fish Found From Chat Counting For Collection

I don't think it was when the overhaul first came out, but I am unsure. If it's by design, awesome. I kind of feel like a heel even reporting it - how often do we get "bugs" that make things easier on us? lol

Message 4 of 4 (466 Views)