Re: Noisy Neighbors in Evergreen Harbor Apartments???

by crinrict

Original Post

[OPEN] [ECO] Noisy Neighbors in Evergreen Harbor Apartments

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? move into an apartment in evergreen harbor
What happens when the bug occurs? noisy neighbor interactions happen like in san myshuno apartments
What do you expect to see? no noisy neighbors whatsoever! Or at least have it so that I can click on the front door to stop them and not the back porch door where my sim can't reach!
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I do not expect neighbors in Evergreen Harbor to be noisy when living in apartments. I can't even click on the front door to shut them up, but for some reason the neighbor's porch door has the interactions and that's where the noise is coming from! 
I noticed this only started to happen when my sims went to go visit their neighbor's apartment. It never happened until right after that.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 6 (2,174 Views)

Hero
@SweetVeggieAmai Did you take this pictures before you removed your mods ? Forced to leave doesn't look like a game interaction.

Is the front door the front door ?

It's possible that they added the functionality if you have CL. Not sure if that part is a bug.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (2,124 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@crinricti didn't take out the mods yet in the screenshot. I took them out after. I will take pics again if it happens again, but I believe they said that these apartments should not have the noisy neighbor or any of the things that CL had which is why I moved them. Also the front door is not acting like the front door. The noise is coming from their porch door which is odd.

edit: okay it happened again without mods, but this time it was the front door (which my sim could obviously click on it). But I don't think this is supposed to be happening regardless. I really would like to know because the gurus said that these apartments weren't going to have the noisy neighbors or w/e the stuff CL had. I just want to know if they decided to go back on that or if this is a glitch.

06-16-20_1-49-55 AM.png

Message 3 of 6 (2,074 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@SweetVeggieAmai I think that's only if you don't have City Living. If the functionality is there, it can happen. It was just not added again without CL.

As a test you can try if it happens if you disable CL.

I'll try to get official info on this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (2,052 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

I can confirm a very similar issue from a vanilla game. If the neighbours in the bigger apartment in Ev. Ha. make noise, I can knock on their front door, but the neighbor (who then becomes visible inside the apartment) will go to the unreachable balcony door and nothing happens.

Message 5 of 6 (1,799 Views)

★★★ Pro
@crinrict I don't know if the feature is supposed to be in the game but it is not working correctly.

I am unable to click on the door to confront the noisy neighbors.

I am also seeing where the neighbor will go to the unreachable balcony when I am able to click on the front door.

It only affects the apartments Pinecrest Apartments #402 and Pinecrest Apartments #404.
Message 6 of 6 (1,746 Views)