Original Post

Highlighted

[OPEN] [ECO] New Pre-Mades Missing Relationships With Their Children

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? View the Tinker and Greenburg households in CAS or play them and check the relationship panel
What happens when the bug occurs? Knox Greenburg is missing a family connection with his mother (according to description) Mary Greenburg, Olive Tinker is missing a family connection to her mother Tina Tinker.
What do you expect to see? These sims properly have family connections to their mothers.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

This issue occurs on all saves with Eco Lifestyle. Investigation shows that only the second mother listed in the household template file is applied as a mother, so I think the template handler is overwriting the relationship instead of simply adding the relationship for same-sex parents.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 5 (1,232 Views)

Re: [ECO] New Pre-Mades Missing Relationships With Their Children

★★ Guide

I believe this is not a bug. Knox is adopted, therefore he does not have that line of the family tree, but when you hover over it will say that she is his step-mother.
kinda the same with tinker, one gave birth(probably in CAS, but let's pretend) and the other one didn't have anything "biological" to do with the creation. Also here they do get the step-mother and child title on the tree and in the contact list, but no line on the tree   

Message 2 of 5 (1,180 Views)

★★ Guide

I disagree - the premade household template (an XML file from the game that defines the relationships between members of premade households) says that both should have the mother relationship in both cases. Instead, one is only an acquaintance "household member" with no relationship at all.

Message 3 of 5 (1,156 Views)

★★ Guide
@Bra1nBlast3d is this template any different to another in-game married couple adopting?
Been ages since I have done it, mostly because then only one sim became the "real" parent.
Message 4 of 5 (1,133 Views)

Re: [UNSURE] [ECO] New Pre-Mades Missing Relationships With Their Children

★★★★ Expert

I consider it a bug.  I've had same-sex couples adopt and both parents are counted as "mother" or "father" with an adopted child.  The only way this could have happened in-game would be if Blossom adopted Knox before marrying Mary. 

After having Knox and Mary make out in front of my Sim's house with the Free Love NAP active, I went into CAS.fulleditmode and marked Mary as his mother.  I'd prefer Sims not make out with their stepparents in my game, yikes.

Message 5 of 5 (772 Views)