Re: N.A.P Water Conservation fine despite not being active

by Pegasyms

Original Post

Hero
@MeSunnyC Moving this back then

Not sure what else to try and currently don't have time for further testing.

I'll forward your save

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 28 (983 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have the exact same problem!!!! I tried the steps you suggested and it did not work.

I'm my case it happened after the latest patch AND it started when one of my sims went to Selvadorada, the rest of the household stayed.

I remember thinking it was an issue with the Selva Dorada lot, so I ignored it and was surprised when it got carried to my lot in Willow Creek.

My sim was staying at Jungle Bungalow.

I tried to see if I can modify the NAPs at Selvadorada but the game does not let me do it as my sim does not live there.

Hope this information helps.

Please let me know if the issue is solved

Message 12 of 28 (939 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@MeSunnyC

Follow up on this. The water conservation NAP was active for a lot where my sims have a vet clinic.
Once I got rid of it in that neighborhood, the problem stoped in my home lot.

Message 13 of 28 (919 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@rmvarillas  hmm, my household does own a vet clinic, and a restaurant, on the save file with this issue. I'll check the neighborhoods where the owned businesses lots are in to check if any of them have the Water Conservation N.A.P active.

Message 14 of 28 (901 Views)

★★ Guide

My household has had a retail store in Magnolia Promenade, and I just checked - the Water Conservation NAP is active in that neighborhood.

I'll remove the NAP and hopefully that will do the trick. Many thanks!!

Message 15 of 28 (885 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Just a quick update. I removed the NAP in Magnolia Promenade. At first I tried by placing a mailbox and shift-clicking on the mailbox to repeal the NAP. But because my sim didn't live in the neighborhood, the option was grayed out. So I moved a random sim into the empty lot in Magnolia Promenade, used that sim to shift-click the mailbox and instantly repeal the NAP. 

It worked! My sim no longer gets fined on a daily basis. Thanks again!!

Message 16 of 28 (850 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Same here! The neighborhood where one of the businesses my Sims own did have the Water Conservation N.A.P active, so I used one of the Sims that lived in that neighborhood to instantly repeal it and now my household isn't being fined!  @rmvarillas thanks!

@crinrict I think we found the solution for this! NAPs active in neighborhoods your household has business in may affect your household as well. I just wonder if this is actually a bug or if it's meant to work this way.

Message 17 of 28 (836 Views)

★ Guide

@MeSunnyC wrote:

Same here! The neighborhood where one of the businesses my Sims own did have the Water Conservation N.A.P active, so I used one of the Sims that lived in that neighborhood to instantly repeal it and now my household isn't being fined!  @rmvarillas thanks!

@crinrict I think we found the solution for this! NAPs active in neighborhoods your household has business in may affect your household as well. I just wonder if this is actually a bug or if it's meant to work this way.

You would think that you would be fined for businesses in those neighborhood but you would also think that since they affect you, you'd be able to vote on them?

Message 18 of 28 (826 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@PenguinFoop I think that would make sense. Whether it's made like that by design or it's a bug, I think it'd make sense to fix it to either
a) let households that have businesses in different neighborhoods vote on those neighborhoods too
b) make it so that businesses NAPs don't affect the household
Message 19 of 28 (803 Views)

Hero
@MeSunnyC I don't know if it's a bug or not but in the very least the message for the fine could tell you that it's for your business if that's the case.

I do think @PenguinFoop argument is a good one for it to be a bug tough.

Will mark this as Unsure.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 20 of 28 (800 Views)