by crinrict

Original Post

[UNSURE] [ECO] N.A.P Water Conservation fine for business lot in another hood

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.66.139.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I honestly have no idea. I can't exactly remember when it started or if I did something to trigger it.
What happens when the bug occurs? All members of my household, even the toddlers, are being fined by the Water Conservation action plan, despite it not being active in my neighborhood.
What do you expect to see? Not being fined by an action plan that is not currently active. In fact, since the Eco Lifestyle options are both turned off, I would expect no action plan to work. Unless I understood the options description wrong?
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Ok so, I can't remember exactly when it started happening. I do remember that when I first got Eco Lifestyle and started playing with it, it worked fine, as it should have. This bug started happening a little later in the game, but I can't pinpoint when.

After a few days of using Eco Lifestyle, I found out that I could turn off the NPCs voting for N.A.P on the game options, so I did. That way, I would only ever vote for what I wanted to play with, cause there's some N.A.P that I definitely don't want, like the one that anyone can just take stuff from your lot? Nah-uh. The fines from the water and power N.A.P are also another of those that I don't want to deal with!

It's been happening for a few days now, maybe even weeks? When I first noticed it, I was about to move my sims to another neighborhood, so I didn't think much of it then.

I moved my sims, from Willow Creek to Sulani, and on Sulani the Water Consumption N.A.P was not active either, but they were still getting fined.

I moved them again, from Sulani to Windenburg. Played a few days in there, still getting fined, even though I checked again and again that the Water Consumption N.A.P wasn't active there either.

I went to game settings, turned off "Enable Eco Footprint Gameplay" and moved my sims from Windenburg back to Willow Creek. Water Consumption is not active, and they're still getting fined! 

I need help! I use motherlode, so I don't really care about the simoleons, but the daily notifications are driving me insane! Plus, that's not how it's supposed to work, right?

I attached screenshots of the fine notification to my toddler, the active N.A.Ps on my current neighborhood (Willow Creek), and my game settings for Eco Lifestyle.

Message 1 of 28 (5,461 Views)

Re: N.A.P Water Conservation fine despite not being active

Hero
@MeSunnyC To be sure I understand you right, it was NEVER active in any of the hoods or did you revoke it at some point ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 28 (5,436 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict it was never active
Message 3 of 28 (5,412 Views)

Hero
@MeSunnyC Would you mind sending me your save ? Instructions in my signature

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 28 (5,398 Views)

Hero
@MeSunnyC would you mind sending me your save ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 28 (5,343 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict sorry for the delay, I had an issue with my pc. I'll send you the save file through PM.

Another thing I noticed, the notification for the fine happens every day at 9 am game time.
Message 6 of 28 (5,259 Views)

Hero
@MeSunnyC So, did some testing on your save and I can duplicate the issue.

I've tried some stuff but I'm not 100% if the following works as I only played until the bills arrive and not further. It would probably need to be tested how it is after a week of playing but I don't have the time to go that far.

So, try the following

- Open Cheat console and put testingcheats true
- Shift-Click on your mail box and repeal any of the 4 you currently have
- Shift-Click on your mail box and add Water consumption to your hood
- Shift-Click on your mail box and repeal water consumption.

I'm not 100% sure that's all it takes but I tried removing different ones and for all the fine didn't occur if I added and then remove it.

You would need to do some more long time testing though. I'm not 100% confident this works.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 28 (5,238 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict gotcha, will try those steps, and yeah I'll do more testing as I play, and we'll see what happens. I'll post an update after some time if the topic it's still open. Thanks!
Message 8 of 28 (5,220 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
@MeSunnyC Moving it to tech for now.

Let me know if it works for you.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 28 (5,178 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict Hey there! So a little update: I've been testing out the steps you told me, and the fine is still happening. I also tried doing the steps manually, without cheats (manually repealing one of my current NAP, manually voting for Water Consumption and having it accepted, and then manually repealing Water Consumption) and it's still happening. I tried restarting the game between attempts to see if that made any difference, but it didn't.
Message 10 of 28 (5,091 Views)