by Marquillotuca89

Original Post

[UNSURE] [ECO] Ecofootprint of a lot doesn't change if you're not there

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Español
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? If you want to play test: Build two lots with tons of Turbines and Solar panels, Then, play actively in one of them, and move in a family in the other one. Let 2 or 3 days pass.
What happens when the bug occurs? After 2 or 3 days, the eco footprint of your lot will change to green, but the one from other lot won't change. If you want it to change, you will have to visit that lot and spend 2 or 3 days there, which is annoying.
What do you expect to see? The ecofoorprint of a lot change even if you're not there.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Is this by design? According to what developers said, what your neigbords do on their lots would change the Ecofootprint of their lots. 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 14 (2,721 Views)

Re: [ECO] Ecofootprint of a lot doesn't change if you're not there

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@Marquillotuca89Only in port evergreen and island living because the eco system was already in islanding living. Your have to change the base game neighborhoods on your own through playing them out or neighborhood action plans. At start all neighborhoods start at nutrual except Evergreen Harbor, which has 1 green neighborhood 1 nutrual neighborhood and 1 industry neighborhood.

Edit: The park in Willow Creek said neutral, but when I brought my sim into the lot in live mode it changed to green.  You must visit the lots in live mode to see any changes on the map. 

Message 2 of 14 (2,673 Views)

★ Guide
@Sid1701d9 I'm refering to the lots specifically.
And thanks for the answer, honestly, I expected to see the ecofootprint of the lots change too.
Message 3 of 14 (2,651 Views)

Hero
@Marquillotuca89 In which neighborhood ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 14 (2,615 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide
@crinrict In all of them.
To be clear, What. I'm talking about is the ecofootprint of the lots, not the worlds. The ecofootprint of the worlds is changing how it should.
Message 5 of 14 (2,584 Views)

Hero
@Marquillotuca89 Did they say they should be changing while you're not playing the lot ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 14 (2,580 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@crinrictThey didn't say it specifically, but in the livestream they said that objects on others lot could change their eco footprint, so maybe it could be a misconception of mine.
If you add enough build elements, the eco footprint of the lots will change immediately, but I expect to see progressive changes too. 

Message 7 of 14 (2,544 Views)

Hero
@Marquillotuca89 Will try get some info but can take a while. If you have a twitter, you might want to ask the devs directly. Just link to this so you don't have to repeat everything

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 14 (2,528 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict Thank you!
I've already done it!
Message 9 of 14 (2,478 Views)

Re: [UNSURE] [ECO] Ecofootprint of a lot doesn't change if you're not there

★★★★ Pro

I've also noticed this. For example I put both the solar panel roof texture and the flat solar panels all over the roofs of all Foxbury buildings, and changed the walls and floors to avoid anything with industrial eco footprint. Then when I clicked on the eco footprint icon in the world view it said that all those lots are neutral. I did similar things, like putting the solar panel roof texture, the grass roof textures, the solar panels, the wind turbines etc on buildings in all worlds, and the lots stay neutral until I travel there and stay there for at least a sim day.

Message 10 of 14 (2,317 Views)