Original Post

Accepted Solution

[BY DESIGN] [ECO] Can't place certain plants in vertical garden

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to plant certain plants in vertical garden. They can't be planted, moved, or moveobjected into the vertical planter. So far, applies to tulips, snapdragons, lilies, bonsai buds.
What happens when the bug occurs? Nothing. The plants cannot be placed on, planted in, or planted in ground and moved into the planter.
What do you expect to see? All plants able to be placed in vertical gardens. If not, a clear explanation of which plants can and cannot be planted in the vertical garden.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Requires Eco Lifestyle.

I've found that several plants can't be placed or planted into the vertical garden. So far, this includes bonsai buds, crocuses, tulips, snapdragons and lilies.
(I've been focusing on flowers, but it may apply to fruits and vegetables as well. So far herbs seem to be fine.)

I don't know if this is a bug or by design. 

If it's by design, a list of which plants are ineligible for planting in the vertical garden would be very helpful.

ETA: I went through and created a list of all plants that can not be planted in the planters.

- No trees or large footprint items (cowplants, bizarre fruit, etc).

Flowers:

Snapdragon

Lily

Tulip

Orchid

Snow Drops

Vegetables:

Carrots

Potatoes

Onions

Mushrooms

Fruits:

Bonsai Buds

Dragonfruit

Trash Fruit

UFO Plant

Expac Plants:

Valerian Root

Any Island Living Plant
Any Alien Plant from Sixam
Any Vampires Plant

Morels/False Morels

Chamomile/Toxic Chamomile

Fireleaf/Poison Fireleaf

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 23 (18,675 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [UNSURE] [ECO] Can't place certain plants in vertical garden

EA Sims Team

Hello.

I was told that by design, root plants and some magical plants are not allowed to be placed in vertical gardens.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 23 of 23 (12,336 Views)

All Replies

Re: Can't place certain plants in vertical garden

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

In my case, I was able to drag the "seeds" to the vertical planter after opening vertical herbs seed packets, but my sim wouldn't plant anything that I tried (basil, parsley) on the lower planter after I first planted sage in the top planter

Message 2 of 23 (18,602 Views)

★★ Novice
@missdeefying I’m having issues with the vertical garden as well. All seeds in the top planter fail to germinate when there is something planted in the lower planter.
Message 3 of 23 (18,544 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I'm having this issue, as well. It's only certain plants. Roses, Bluebells, and Chrysanthemums seem fine.

Also, a Sim placed a "Faux Meat Cube" onto one of the square ground planters in the community garden, and it can't be planted anywhere or dragged onto the vertical planter.

Message 4 of 23 (18,503 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@missdeefying I think they said you can't plant everything.

Could you compile in your post which ones are not working ? Little list in the compiled field would be good

Following should be by design

• Mushrooms
  • Bush-type thingies (so bonsai ?)
  • Trees

Trying to get more info

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 23 (18,400 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Same here. Disappointing, as I'm building a base on Sixam and can't plant any of the short alien plants in the vertical planters. Frown

Message 6 of 23 (18,305 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I can add Potatos, Carrots & Onions to the list of Plants/Seeds not placeable in the garden.

It looks like the Mesh of the bush may be an indicator?

Tulip, Lily and Chamomile have the same bush type and can't be placed in it. Same goes for Carrots, Potatos & Onions who have the same bush type.

I do hope it is not by design cause it does not make sense if i can't use the vertical garden for everything.

Message 7 of 23 (18,260 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

Hello,

I'm also having this issue where I am unable to plant in the vertical planter, even when using the vertical plant seed packets. 

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except get famous, strangerville, vampires, tiny living, my first pet stuff, backyard stuff & luxury party stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to plant certain plants in vertical garden. They can't be planted, moved, or moveobjected into the vertical planter. Happened with: 

Vegetables: Carrots, Potatoes

Herbs: Sage, Parsley, Basil 
What happens when the bug occurs? cannot drag plants into vertical garden. 
What do you expect to see? The ability to drag and plant in the vertical garden. 
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Requires Eco Lifestyle.

Message 8 of 23 (18,078 Views)

★ Guide

@crinrict I'll test all plants and get back to you with a list!

It makes sense that trees wouldn't work, but I don't understand why some flowers and veggies are okay and some aren't. So I'll test them all.

Message 9 of 23 (17,892 Views)

★★ Guide

If you purchase seeds from the vertical garden, you'll notice that there's "vertical seed" packages!  I think it is in fact by design, in the description it mentions that only some plants are ready to "take the climb" or something similar.  It makes sense that 'spreaders' who need ground space for either roots/vines and root vegetables that grow down cannot be planted in vertical gardens.

Message 10 of 23 (17,888 Views)