Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [DU] Taunting about University Superiority ruining relationships

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All EPs, GPs, and SPs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Two or more sims in the same household going to different Universities.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims randomly keep taunting about university superiority and losing relationship.
What do you expect to see? Sims to no longer Autonomously taunt about university superiority, atleast when they're not in uni.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

So i have a household of three sibling sims: Cora, Ingrid, and Lionel and i wanted them to all go to Uni and some in different schools. two of the Sims, Cora and Ingrid, are going to University of Britechester and the third sim, Lionel, is going to Foxbury. Or should say, went. Because Lionel finally got his degree and graduated from Foxbury, but all throughout their terms and still after they've graduated, Cora and Ingrid who went to Britechester Uni often keep taunting about university superiority and vise versa where Lionel who went to Foxbury keeps taunting them as well.

This autonomous taunting keeps happening so much that they keep going into the negative relationship. I even forced the sims to get a good relationship up to the point where Cora and Lionel were good friends, but over a couple of days Cora and Lionel's relationship deteriorated to losing their friendship and becoming acquaintences just out the sheer number of times they keep taunting each other about university superiority.

Edit: I forgot to also add that, not only is it ruining relationship. But also because they keep taunting each other, they keep getting a negative reputation. Multiple times my sims have entered the "Bad Reputation" because of the taunting they keep autonomously doing.

Message 1 of 27 (7,757 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [FIXED] [DU] Taunting about University Superiority ruining relationships

Hero

Students will no longer autonomously taunt each other about University Superiority unless they're at the Game Day organization event or have one of these traits: Childish, Evil, Hot-Headed, and Bro.

Fixed in Patch 1.59.73

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 23 of 27 (7,311 Views)

All Replies

Re: Taunting about University Superiority ruining relationships

★★★★★ Novice
@WizardJeremyArch Oh yeah.. I have a couple who are in different university. Woman is in Britechester and man is in Foxbury. They keep taunting about university superiority and they are ruining their marriage :D I have to supervise their every conversation that they wouldn't keep tauting each other so much..
Message 2 of 27 (7,704 Views)

Re: [UNSURE] [DU] Taunting about University Superiority ruining relationships

★★ Apprentice

I'm glad I'm not the only one that's running through that. It got extra bad because I only have those two sims in my lot and they stay at their own devices most of the time with no visits so it happens so often, and I got so sick of dealing with them doing that to each other and having to watch over all their conversations that I just straight up removed their bloody degree traits through console until it gets fixed.

Message 3 of 27 (7,668 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I had the same issue. I tried fixing it by having my Sim go to both Universities before my game COMPLETELY glitched out and now I'm reading a 102 error code and can't access my family. The whole game is corrupt now. It's like Sims 3 Uni all over again. :,(

Message 4 of 27 (7,636 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrictWizardJeremyArch It’s driving me insane. I hope they fix it
Message 5 of 27 (7,624 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I have 4 sims in my household, 2 women who went to britechester and their SO's who both went to foxbury. The taunting issue has wreaked havoc on ALL of my sims relationships in the house. They used to be at max friendship and the couples at max romance. My now two SOULMATE sims hate each other because every single chat interaction is this dang taunting!

Edit: Just a test to see how bad this is in the span of 1 in game hour my sim autonomously picked to taunt 6 times! He's an evil sim but he wasn't THIS evil before.

Message 6 of 27 (7,602 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm having the same problem. The parents went to different universities and now they hate each other, and their two boys went to the same university as their mother, the father hate his two sons now, all the relationship bars are red. I have to keep them doing something all the time because if I let them be autonomous they only taunt each other.

Message 7 of 27 (7,473 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [DU] Taunting about University Superiority ruining relationships

★★ Novice

I'm having the opposite problem now. No matter what I do I can't taunt a rival student now and am permanently unable to progress in Spirit Squad at all.

Message 8 of 27 (7,386 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrictWizardJeremyArch I'm having this as well. I have poked around in the XML files a bit and, while I'm not sure I'm reading this right, it looks like maybe it's only the Bro, Childish, Evil, and Hotheaded trait Sims that are supposed to do this autonomously. And if that's the case, I can say for sure that isn't what's happening. I have seven students in this household and they do this all the time, and none of them have any of these traits.
Message 9 of 27 (7,349 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Has anyone found a work around for this? I have MC Command, but could not find an option to remove mean autonomy. As it stands right now, my current save game is unplayable because all they do is taunt one another. 

Message 10 of 27 (7,312 Views)