My Sims have to go to classes at the university despite planned holidays.

by Demikin666

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[BY DESIGN] [DU] [S] Sims have to go to class on holidays

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them (including Eco)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Be enrolled in a university during fall and/or winter
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims go to class on holidays/exams occurring too early
What do you expect to see? In the past, Sims usually get Harvestfest/Winterfest off
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The update on 6/03/2020

After the patch on 06/03/2020, I realized my Sim was going to class on holidays I was pretty sure they'd gotten off in the past. At first, I thought it was possibly an intentional decision the devs made during that update, though I didn't remember reading such a thing in the patch notes (or that I was potentially crazy and they'd always gone to class on those holidays).

What made me decide to create a bug report is what happened just a few moments ago, something I have absolutely never seen before. I am playing on the new Eco map and decided to send my Sim to college after playing around with the new features for a bit (a bit disappointed there was no major for Civil Engineer [yet, hopefully]). She's in her first semester on the week of Winterfest. Exams/the last day of class would be on Thursday, and Winterfest was on Wednesday. Not only did my Sim get pulled into class on Winterfest, but for some reason, she was being called into her final exams a day early! Then during the actual Last Day of Class, she was still called into class (even though the two exams were already completed and the term paper was submitted).

I know y'all generally prefer "different bugs" to have different reports, but since they both revolved around University and holidays, they seemed entwined somehow. 

Misc details: 

• I experience this issue across two different Sims
    • The Sims were two entirely different households
    • Sim 1 existed before the patch, Sim 2 was created after Eco was released
    • The Sims exist in the same world, one that was created before the 06/03/2020 patch
  • Sim #1 (Major: Culinary): Lived in the dorm during Harvestfest, moved into her house after that semester ended and attended Uni from her own house - Sim attended class during both holidays
  • Sim #2 (Major: Economics): Living in Pincrest Apartments while attending Uni

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 9 (3,065 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [UNSURE] [DU] [S] Sims have to go to class on holidays

EA Sims Team

Hello.

I've heard that this is by design.

University students don't get holidays off.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 7 of 9 (2,756 Views)

All Replies

Re: Issue with University and Holidays since 06/03/2020 patch

Hero
@CptnVanderbeam There was a bug where holidays prevented final exams to happen properly (see notes) so I'm guessing the solution was to disallow them cause they were causing issues.

The called into class part might be a new issue though.

Trying to get some info.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (3,001 Views)

★ Apprentice

@crinrict I did see that particular fix in the patch notes, though it's never personally affected me because of the way I usually schedule my classes. 

The issues reported in my bug report were definitely entirely new to me though. Let me know if I can give you any additional details to help!

Message 3 of 9 (2,970 Views)

Hero
@CptnVanderbeam I'm not saying your issue isn't new.

Just saying that the fix they put in place to fix the issues maybe was that they force you to go to Uni anyways although it's a holiday.

I'm trying to get some info from the devs on this but it might be a while as everything is crazy right now.

If you have a twitter you can ask them yourself if this was changed on purpose.

(the day early does sound like a new bug)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 9 (2,946 Views)

My Sims have to go to classes at the university despite planned holidays.

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Polski
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work, Get Together, City Living, Cats & Dogs, Seasons, Get Famous, Island Living, Discover University, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Dine Out, Vampires, Parenthood, Jungle Adventure, Strangerville, Realm of Magic, Perfect Patio, Movie Hangout
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Enroll in the university, plan holidays on the calendar (as a day off from work/school), wait for that day, and check if Sim still has to go to classes.
What happens when the bug occurs? Despite the day off (due to the planned holiday), my Sims still have to go to classes at the university - like on a normal day. Also, they will get a warning that they're missing classes if they don't attend them.
What do you expect to see? My Sims having a day off and not having classes at the university when I plan holidays through the calendar.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 1.63.133.1020 - before the Eco Lifestyle patch everything was fine and my Sims had a day off when there was planned holiday.

I think the bug is quite clear and doesn't need any additional attachments or explanations.

Message 5 of 9 (2,913 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Yes, it's true you have to go to class on holidays for university. It makes sense, for the Sims, that you cannot have these days off. In real life, you only get a few holidays per term and it doesn't affect your class time. In the sims, a term is only a week. If you have a holiday on a particular day, Wednesday, and your term runs Tuesday to Monday, then the term cannot be extended one day to make up the class. The missed class is on Wednesday (M-W-F classes), but the added day would a Tuesday (T-R class). This means you would be missing a whole day of progress for the holiday and possibly even exams if the holiday was on last day of the term. Even if terms were adjusted to start on a day that wouldn't cause an issue, then you get extra holiday time to study. It would also make you waste time on progress for your degree if they pushed back your start of term to adjust for holidays. Going to a career, school or high school doesn't have this issue because you don't have different classes on different days. Missing a day in university makes it super complicated. The devs have chosen to not allow skipping days for holidays.

Message 6 of 9 (2,803 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello.

I've heard that this is by design.

University students don't get holidays off.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 7 of 9 (2,757 Views)

Re: [BY DESIGN] [DU] [S] Sims have to go to class on holidays

★★ Apprentice

As someone who has been to University, that is incredibly unrealistic. 

Britechester is based on Schooling in the UK.
We always get holidays off in the UK.

Message 8 of 9 (921 Views)

Re: [BY DESIGN] [DU] [S] Sims have to go to class on holidays

Community Manager

Hi all,

As this thread is now a bit older, it's been locked to prevent necro-posting.

If you have further feedback you'd like to provide on this, please feel free to create a new thread instead and we'll be happy to take a look with you Standard smile 

solaire.png

Message 9 of 9 (851 Views)