[FIXED] [DU] Troubles getting/keeping roommates

by amywatt27

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Roommates complain and leave after 24 hours

★★★★ Expert

I noticed that bug.  I have a household with two sims. Both sleep in the same bed, I even have them assigned properly.  I wanted to play with the roommate system so I tried advertising and it wouldn't let me. I created a second bed for the new roommate but having two beds, it said it wasn't enough. Even though the first two sims sleep in the same bed, it wouldn't let me advertise because apparently 3 sims = 3 beds. It doesn't count double-beds as "two".

Message 21 of 108 (3,004 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Roommates complain and leave after 24 hours

Hero

I haven't really tried the room mate system but it feels like this thread is turning into two different things

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 108 (2,955 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [DU] Roommates complain and leave after 24 hours

★ Novice

I had this issue but I was able to fix it. When making a dorm look at the requirements; some items are forbidden. I placed a stove and it was on the forbidden list and people starting saying they couldn't sleep then were going to leave. I removed the stove then people said they can sleep and are going to stay. Make sure you have none of the forbidden items listed and I hope this solves everyone's problem!

Message 23 of 108 (2,817 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@SilverStream836 But this only addresses roommates in dorms but not roommates for off-campus living? What about roommates living in regular residential housing and not Uni housing?
Message 24 of 108 (2,809 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I'm pretty sure I figured it out, I have 3 roommates, built a "poolhouse" to accommodate them. 2 roommates shareba room just pulled the room from then pre-made room, but created a new room for a female roommate. She complained about this. I notice in the pre-made dormroom there is a desk and shelving in their room. And they roommates only put 3 items down. So I added a desk and gave her an extra end table to the room where her bed is assigned and she was just find. 

Message 25 of 108 (2,794 Views)

★★ Novice

I had the problem initially (not university housing). I added fitness equipment and other skill building objects and they were happy and never complained again.

Message 26 of 108 (2,677 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@jazzyjazz5508 Perhaps it has to do with the randomly generated roommate quirks, archetypes, and interests that each roommate generates with?
Message 27 of 108 (2,661 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hiya, i had this problem earlier but all you need to is give them plenty of space in there bedroom..

Here is an ideal room space https://gyazo.com/29be9587ef727ac09f2b850fcdf3b2f2 once i expanded the room, it helped but also place "roomies room" without bb.moveObjects on cheat.. ive had it have problems with that..

if you want multiple beds in one room.. then need bigger space.. make sure nothing is blocking their way for their needs to be met.

hope it helps

EDIT1: 

you have to give enough space and make sure nothing is blocking their way to get their motives met.

https://gyazo.com/29be9587ef727ac09f2b850fcdf3b2f2 is ideal roomie room. if you want multi beds.. makes sure theres plenty room Standard smile

oh i found that not placing roomie stuff in bb.moveObjects on has helped lot

(merged a few post, can you edit your own post as a fyi) - Atic 

Message 28 of 108 (2,644 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I was having this problem just now but figured out why it happened. I have a Sims living on dorm which is classified as University housing and I then used the free build cheat to add a stove, regular fridge and counters. After that,s roommates started to complain about living conditions.

To fix it:

1.  Re-enable build mode 

2. Go to the Lot info panel in the top left 

3. Click on requirements to expand it and scroll through to see what is missing or not allowed and add / remove it. 

Apparently the stove is forbidden. I removed it and everything was okay again. 

I am not sure if this is the fix for everyone but I thought I'd share in-case. 

Message 29 of 108 (2,612 Views)

Re: [UNSURE] [DU] Roommates complain and leave after 24 hours

★★★ Novice

Hello! This has been said in the thread, but I just want to add that it worked for me: If you add a family member like a pet, a child, a marriage or whatever, make sure the roomie's bed is still assigned to them! 

Message 30 of 108 (2,586 Views)