Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

[UNSURE] [DU] Roommates complain and leave after 24 hours

by amywatt27

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Roommates complain and leave after 24 hours

★★★★ Novice

Theres two twin beds in the room and a dresser. She already put down some of her things so I don’t think its space.

Message 11 of 31 (835 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Discover University Housing Issues with Roommates

Hero
@Liciagrl929 I merged your post with the bug report on this.

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 31 (823 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This was off campus. I updated some mods and cleaned one of the bathroom sinks and I think it fixed it. My roommate came home and said that she was happy again. I think this might be a glitch or something but its like if one appliance is broken or dirty even for less than a day your roommate freaks out and threatens to leave. 

Message 13 of 31 (808 Views)

★★★★ Novice

ISSUES "SOLVED" (??): I was having a similar issue when after I adopted a pet and had a baby the roommate left and I was no longer allowed to advertise for a new roommate because there were "not enough beds". I found that once I added an adult bed for the dog and the baby I could once again have a roommate. Apparently, pets and babies count towards household members that require an adult bed on the lot in order to rent out actual beds to roommates. I stuck the beds in a remote corner of the lot, and I did not assign them to anyone. They are nearly there to compensate for the dog and baby. (Note that I did have a pet bed and a baby bassinet but neither count as a bed for a household sim). Also, I do not have any mods downloaded or installed.

Message 14 of 31 (749 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

It seems like some of these 'roomie' behaviors are like dorm behaviors even if they're not in a dorm. I do have the DU pack. I'm wondering by reading some of these comments if having the pack &/or once the pack was released forces in some of the dynamics?

Message 15 of 31 (718 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@mightymaite007 For an on campus house that you made that is non-dorm, you may need to advertise for roommates using a computer. I think it's only the pre-made dorms where roommates are auto-assigned to dorm beds.
Message 16 of 31 (654 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@crinrictamywatt27 This happened to me too! One of my roommates got stuck behind a lounge in the house on campus at Britechester, and I had to use the build mod to get her out. Then they started saying they were unhappy and my sim was a bad roommate and they moved out.
Message 17 of 31 (650 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Liciagrl929 I have been having the same issue! I don’t even get a roommate tab!
Message 18 of 31 (586 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

I also had this problem. I had out a stove in my housing, because I wanted one. My roommates kept saying the same thing until I removed the stove and they said "I feel better now, I'll stay".

Message 19 of 31 (546 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@LadyPaula You're an angel. I adopted a new dog and couldn't figure out why I couldn't place an ad for another roommate due to there not being enough beds. Sure enough, I put down another bed and the option popped up. Yikes.

Message 20 of 31 (535 Views)

Need help?

We’re happy to help with your account, troubleshooting, and gameplay questions.

Contact us on EA Help

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help