Original Post

Accepted Solution

[UNSURE] [DU] Moving multiple Sims between dorms fails

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Svenska
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 158.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a house hold with more then one sims and move first 1 sim to a different dormitory. Then go back for the other sim(s) and move this person as well to a new dorm.
What happens when the bug occurs? I wanted to move both my sims to a different dormitory. When I moved my second sim, only she showed up in the household after I moved. The other sim I moved there just before, was no longer in my household.
What do you expect to see? I would like to have my sim back, thank you. On a more serious note, it's really tricky to move your sims to university buildings, you have to move then one by one. And it's okej, but I would like for my household to be intact, thank you very much.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

The picture shows how I have to playable households before the move. 

Message 1 of 13 (6,223 Views)

Accepted Solution

Changing university housing at end of term with 2 sims in same household

★★★★ Apprentice

Which language are you playing the game in? English
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, My First Pet Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff, Toddler Stuff, Fitness Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Backyard Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Luxury Party Stuff, Holiday Celebration Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have 2 students living in university housing when their term ends. Enroll Sim 1 in the next term, selecting a different university housing option. Proceed with the packing up & moving out event. See them move into the new housing. Return to previous household to Sim 2. Be prompted to re-enroll immediately. Select the same new housing option you had for Sim 1. Proceed with packing up and moving out.
What happens when the bug occurs? When Sim 2 reaches the new housing, Sim 1 is no longer in the household. They can be found in the Manage Households bin and cannot be added to university housing because the game thinks they are not enrolled. On a separate occasion, Sim 2 could not complete the packing up and moving out event. It reset itself and was stuck in a loop. The only difference I can see with this test was that I saved the game after moving Sim 1 into the new housing. Neither bug occurs if I move each Sim to different new university housing, it only occurs when I attempt to move them both to the same university housing.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see both Sims playable in the housing I have moved them into. I don’t expect the packing up and moving out event to be stuck on a loop.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

To get around this, I have tested NOT re-enrolling my Sims and moving them each to a bulldozed residential lot. Then I am able to immediately re-enroll them and move them into the same new university housing. Their merritt scholarships were not lost, even though I was warned they would lose their scholarships. 

View in thread

Message 6 of 13 (6,061 Views)

All Replies

Re: My sim was removed/disapperad from the household when moving dorms

Hero
@Tuggummipop Did you move as part of the end of the term ? I think that's the only way you can move from dorm to dorm, right ?

Does the other Sim now show as unhoused in your world or is he completely gone ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 13 (6,150 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@crinrict Hi! It was in connection of the end/new term, yes. The household is completely gone from the building, and for a while the sim wasn't visible in the household either. (until I quit the game, started it again and made a copy of the first sim.)

The sim exist somewhere though as my second sim can invite the first sim over for hanging out ect.

EDIT1:  I'll double check where the sim actually end up, maybe in unplayed household since I didn't see the first sim in my house hold manager.

EDIT2:I cannot be 100% that this is not the copy I made, but the first sim is within the active house holds without an accommodation. Is there a way to merge this two sims together, or do I just have to study one semester before this is possible, or even then?

Best regards,

(Admin Noted: You can edit your own post not need to replay with a new post.) - Atic 

Message 3 of 13 (6,138 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Omg this just happened to me! I then restarted my game and both my sims were back! I went to the one that moved first and invited my other sim there so I could add to family through a cheat and it made 2 of each sim after that. Soo confused!

Message 4 of 13 (6,109 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Tuggummipop You should be able to just merge the households via household manager. Or you can move the unhoused Sims into the dorm from manage household.

I'm moving this to General Discussion now, get some votes on how this is supposed to work. I don't know if it's a bug but I need to test this out myself which I currently don't have the time for (yeah, things are a bit crazy)

Maybe other folks can chime in. I'll move it back if it turns out to be a bug.

EDIT: Moving this back to bugs but as unsure.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 13 (6,074 Views)

Changing university housing at end of term with 2 sims in same household

★★★★ Apprentice

Which language are you playing the game in? English
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, My First Pet Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff, Toddler Stuff, Fitness Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Backyard Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Luxury Party Stuff, Holiday Celebration Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have 2 students living in university housing when their term ends. Enroll Sim 1 in the next term, selecting a different university housing option. Proceed with the packing up & moving out event. See them move into the new housing. Return to previous household to Sim 2. Be prompted to re-enroll immediately. Select the same new housing option you had for Sim 1. Proceed with packing up and moving out.
What happens when the bug occurs? When Sim 2 reaches the new housing, Sim 1 is no longer in the household. They can be found in the Manage Households bin and cannot be added to university housing because the game thinks they are not enrolled. On a separate occasion, Sim 2 could not complete the packing up and moving out event. It reset itself and was stuck in a loop. The only difference I can see with this test was that I saved the game after moving Sim 1 into the new housing. Neither bug occurs if I move each Sim to different new university housing, it only occurs when I attempt to move them both to the same university housing.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see both Sims playable in the housing I have moved them into. I don’t expect the packing up and moving out event to be stuck on a loop.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

To get around this, I have tested NOT re-enrolling my Sims and moving them each to a bulldozed residential lot. Then I am able to immediately re-enroll them and move them into the same new university housing. Their merritt scholarships were not lost, even though I was warned they would lose their scholarships. 

Message 6 of 13 (6,062 Views)

Re: Changing university housing at end of term with 2 sims in same household

Hero
@babajayne Merged your post with existing thread

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 13 (6,046 Views)

Re: Changing university housing at end of term with 2 sims in same household

★★★★ Novice

I have experienced this bug 3 times with the same household and once in a new save with another household. I am moving from a renovated Drake Hall in UBrite to a renovated Wyvern Hall in UBrite. I do have some script Mods installed (MCCC from Deaderpool and Slice of Life 3.7 from KawaiiStacie). This save has always used mods.  I have removed the mods, repaired my game, and the glitch still happens. I have tried with a new save with no mods, and the glitch still happens. 

I re-enrolled my first sim into a new dorm. Then I immediately got the pop up to do the next sim. However, I did not get an option in the housing menu to move anyone else between the households. It was just as if I was moving there blindly and unable to move money around. This is not how it is supposed to work based on what has been seen in Twitch streams, YouTube Let's Plays and the TS4: Discover University stream the Sims team did on November 8th. Also important to note that I split the money between the households when one sim moved out. They had about $ 15k simoleons, and I let the first one take 8k and the second take 7k. 

The first sim moved to the new dorm successfully and was enrolled in classes.  The second sim was sitting at the new dorm lot as if she had traveled there normally, and was not part of the household. It shows that she is successfully enrolled in classes for the semester. However, it still listed sim 2's house as the previous dorm. I traveled back with this sim to the previous dorm, and it said she needed to re-enroll in the semester. I follow through the re-enrollment process, and it successfully moves that sim into the dorms. HOWEVER, it kicks my other sim to the Manage Households menu with NO MONEY and nowhere to live. Because of University constraints on combining households that are living on University Housing lots, you cannot go into Manage Households and simply put them back together. The only way I was able to get the sims back together in the same household in Wyvern Hall was by using MCCC to summon the sim to the lot ("Invite to Hangout at current lot" is not working). I then needed to enable testingcheats to use the "Add to Family" option. My game is very upset at me for attempting to add this sim to the household though, and it occasionally kicks me out to the Manage Worlds screen with an Error Code (that I have been unable to screengrab yet). 

Message 8 of 13 (5,981 Views)

Re: [UNSURE] [DU] Moving multiple Sims between dorms fails

★ Guide

Had the same issue, I wanted to move both my uni Sims to a different dorm at the end of Semester 1 and during the enrolling process of Semester 2. The 1st Sim moved correctly and showed in the Map View as living there. The 2nd sim's moving procedure went as normal but when the loading screen from this move ended my 1st sim was not living there anymore.

The 2nd Sim could still invite the 1st Sim over to the new dorm lot. The 1st sim was marked as living on this dorm in the Manage Households menu and when I switched to playing him then it was the 2nd Sim who was now not living there.

Each Sim was still living on the lot when viewing the lot from Manage Worlds when I switched and played as them from Manage Households.

Both Sims could invite the other over when I was actively playing the Sim on the dorm lot. But neither sim was present actively on the lot when playing the other. Very weird bug.

No mods, no cc and all packs to date.

Message 9 of 13 (5,803 Views)

★ Apprentice

@crinrict wrote:

@TuggummipopYou should be able to just merge the households via household manager. Or you can move the unhoused Sims into the dorm from manage household.

Merging households is not possible when living in university housing. I'm facing the same problem after trying to move the premade "Best of Friends" duo into different housing.

Message 10 of 13 (5,789 Views)