by SqueamishNerd

Original Post

[UNSURE] [DU] Dorm Decorations end up in Inventory of Sim Moving Out of Dorm

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Svenska
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs, Dine Out, Vampires, Parenthood, Jungle Adventures, Strangerville, Realm of Magic, Luxury Party Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Holiday Celebration Pack, Grim's Ghoulish Guitar.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Put out decorations in a dorm building. Let a sim move out when the counter for moving out appears. Don't take the decorations with you. Select the options that you've taken all your stuff.
What happens when the bug occurs? The decorations appear in the sim's inventory when they've moved out.
What do you expect to see? That the decorations stay in the dorm when I select that I'm done taking my stuff.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

If I move out of a dorm and don't put stuff in my inventory I expect the stuff I left to stay in the dorm.

Message 1 of 8 (811 Views)

Re: Dorm Decorations end up in Inventory of Sim Moving Out of Dorm

Hero
@SqueamishNerd I tested this (packing event) and all the posters and statues I put in the room are still there after moving out of the dorm.

What items did you see this for ?

Did you wait for the packing event or just move out ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (774 Views)

Hero
@SqueamishNerd Tagging to see questions

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 8 (737 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@crinrict I saw it for basically all drag’n’drop decorations except for posters and rugs. It also happened to footballs (soccer balls).

I ended the packing event early.
Message 4 of 8 (729 Views)

Hero
@SqueamishNerd Did you get a message that something was moved with you ? Some items do seem to be 'attached' to your Sim and come with him no matter if you take it with you. I think the soccer ball might be an item like that as is the laptop.

Not sure what the criteria are though.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 8 (725 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@crinrict Yeah, when I had moved my sims to a new house I got a message that the things they left behind had been moved to their household inventory. A lot of the stuff in the inventory had even been in other sims’ dorm rooms when I left the dorm.
Message 6 of 8 (715 Views)

Hero
@SqueamishNerd Then I don't think it's a bug. Really can't say what the criterias are

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 8 (706 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@crinrict Then I really wish there was a way to disown the items before moving, haha. -.- I decorated one of the dorms, as in the whole dorm, all the rooms, so that it looks nice every time I play with students there. ^^ So it's a bit annoying that my sims take the stuff with them when they move out. o___o Good for me that I saved the dorm to my library, so that I can place it again every time one of my students move out. xD
Message 8 of 8 (634 Views)