Re: Cleaner Bots disappearing after a few days into a pile of rubbish??

by CGrant56

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] [DU] Cleaner Bots disappearing into a pile of rubbish

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except: island living, realm of magic, vampires, moschino, bowling night, backyard stuff and movie hangout stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Make a cleaner bot and use for a few days. Will break and form a pile of rubbish.
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim is level 8 robotics skill. I have the cleaner bot that she built for a few days. after ~3 days of use where i repair it 2x and enhance 2x it disappears. The first time it happened it broke for the 3rd time and I was going to have my sim repair it when it just disappeared and in its place was a pile of rubbish. Then it kept happening whenever I made replacement bots. I'd repair and enhance it to level 3 and it would disappear. I'm not sure if this is actually part of the game or something but it's getting tedious having my sim replace the bot every few sim days bc I want her to build other bots too. I didn't see any other posts about this problem with bots so I decided to just go ahead and ask.
What do you expect to see? The bot shouldn't disappear after a few days of use.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 41 (13,729 Views)

Hero
@208974618 Did you also test this on a game without mods/cc ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 41 (13,647 Views)

★ Guide
@208974618 Did not have problems but thought of one thing.
Have you put Utili-Bots on Robotics Workstation and recharge. You have to do it sometimes. All Utili-Bots have battery charge and durability stats which can be seen when hovering over them.
Message 3 of 41 (13,603 Views)

Hero

I've seen this happen with all the utility bots.  I kept wondering where my bots were getting off too when they kept disappearing until I finally saw it happen with a party bot.  It appears that if you don't repair a damaged bot within a certain amount of time, it will self destruct into a pile of rubble.  While I don't mind it happing too much, it does appear to happen too quickly in my opinion.  It is somewhat annoying that after you've spent all that time and effort building and upgrading the things that it would self destruct in less than a day after it broke down. 

Message 4 of 41 (13,558 Views)

Hero
@CGrant56 Was it you that reported this elsewhere too ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 41 (13,542 Views)

Hero

@crinrict  No, I haven't reported it before.  I don't see it as a bug really since I think it was programmed that way.  I just think it should take longer before they self destruct.  

Message 6 of 41 (13,525 Views)

★★★ Novice
@CGrant56 Yeah it's super annoying I'll try keeping an eye on my bots but they wander so it's hard to constantly keep track of them.
Message 7 of 41 (13,510 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Nettis2009 I'll try doing that and see if they break down less or slower than before.
Message 8 of 41 (13,509 Views)

Hero

@208974618  Yeah, I know what you mean about the wandering.  The cleaning bot in particular.  That one can be anywhere.  I kept wondering why I kept seeing it outside then I realized that it may clean up leaf piles on the lot.  Haven't seen that yet though since I don't usually make leaf piles on the lot.   The gardener bot tends to stay close to the harvestable plants and the party bot seems to stay close to where they were when you turned it on.  The fixer bot tends to stay close to stuff that breaks.  That one keeps getting in the way in the kitchen on one of my lots for some reason but not on others.  Over all, I like them though.  Just have to keep an eye on them so I can get them fixed when they break.

Message 9 of 41 (13,490 Views)

Re: [UNSURE] [DU] Cleaner Bots disappearing after a few days into a pile of rubb

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

SAME and this is really irritating. I only got the University expansion to focus in robotics, since that's what I'm in school for irl... I was so excited for this feature. Instead my sims are running around to clean piles of garbage where my bots use to be.. All of them. Every type of robot disappears and its an issue in the University code. I don't have much on my pc, its top of the line and its not apple like OP's pc. I also do not have anything running in game other than purchased expansions, and I dont have same expansions as OP except University and Vampires. @Nettis2009 You cant move them because they simply turn to garbage. You can Only rummage for parts or clean up. 

(Posts merged by CM)

Message 10 of 41 (13,381 Views)