Re: [UNSURE] [DU] Classes get scheduled directly after another in different buil

by mh4515

Original Post

[UNSURE] [DU] Classes get scheduled directly after another in different building

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Svenska
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.69.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim read four classes, so far this has happened to me with two of my sims that was studying Computer Science at Foxbury.
What happens when the bug occurs? The classes will get scheduled so that there is only 5 minutes until next class, and that class is located in another building which will result in your sim always getting late and losing performance.
What do you expect to see? Sim should have the next class in the same building if there are only 5 min left when the sim is done with the previous class or they should have more time to get to the building.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

This seems more like an oversight than a bug, but it will result in your sim losing performance just because they cannot get to class in time. The game will schedule classes with no more than 5 min to the next class, and that class is in another building so your sim will not get there in time and will lose performance.

Message 1 of 15 (2,511 Views)

Re: [UNSURE][DU] Classes get scheduled directly after another in different build

★★★★ Apprentice

I had this problem too. My Sim is doing Biology at Foxbury and her classes were scheduled with five minutes between, but were in different buildings. It would take 40 minutes or more for her to get out of class, and then walk across to the other building. Sometimes she missed the next class altogether.

I made sure she did all her homework and extra study and she got an F. 

Either the timings need to be better, or the classes further apart. The walk from one building to the other should take a max of 10 minutes, not over 40! Or like you say, the classes need to be in the same building when they're close together. 

Message 2 of 15 (2,414 Views)

Re: [UNSURE][DU] Classes get scheduled directly after another in different build

★★★★ Novice
Spoiler
I

I had the same problem in my final term.

My SIm studied Computer Science in Brightchester and had her afternoon class in (IIRC) Quantum Computing directly followed by her elective class in Chasima, which took part in another building.

Fortunately everything went well and she was able to complete the class with A+, despite always coming 30 mins too late to class (and also to her exam in the topic)

Message 3 of 15 (2,377 Views)

★ Guide

the easy solution to this is in the cheat bar "testingcheats true" then shift+click where you need the sim to be (in front of the building for the next class) and select teleport.

Message 4 of 15 (2,358 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Thanks, that’s a great tip!

Shame we have to cheat to actually get the game to work as it should.

Hopefully they’ll sort this issue out. 

This is the first Sims expansion I’ve had that has been really buggy. My game currently won’t load so I’m going to have to sort that out later today. May be a mod conflict 😕

Message 5 of 15 (2,335 Views)
Highlighted

Re: [UNSURE] [DU] Classes get scheduled directly after another in different buil

★★★★★ Guide

It looks like if you select an elective course the chance is high that this will occur.

Message 6 of 15 (2,263 Views)

Re: [UNSURE] [DU] No early "go to class"

★ Apprentice

I just had a sim flunk a class because she had two exams back-to-back with a 5 min interval in different buildings, and while taking 30+ minutes to get to her first exam from the commons, she got the "go to class early" option for the second exam and ended up trying to go to that one instead. By the time she made it back to the correct building, she missed her first exam and was late for her second. Would be great if we could control when sims went to class a bit more easily. Having the option taken out of our hands an hour before with the semi-automatic but inconsistent 'go to class early' makes this far more difficult than it should be...even with just the one sim. I agree it's not quite a 'glitch' but the current setup does seem to interfere with game play. 

Message 7 of 15 (2,244 Views)

Re: [UNSURE] [DU] No early "go to class"

Hero
@lamlamsalot Moved your post over the thread different building thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 15 (2,223 Views)

★★ Guide

I've had this with two different Sims in 2 different universities over different terms. While in Brightchester it's somewhat manageable, it becomes a nightmare in Foxbury.

Both of the times classes were scheduled in a different building one was an elective, but classes can get scheduled 5 minutes apart in the same building as well.

Message 9 of 15 (2,173 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@mh4515 me too
Message 10 of 15 (2,046 Views)