Re: Can't have more that one part time job

by crinrict

Original Post

Can't have more that one part time job (same time, different days)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Français
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to join a second part time job
What happens when the bug occurs? Can't have a second part time job
What do you expect to see? Join 2 part time jobs as we can do before
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I can have only one part time job. I think it's since Discover University but not sure.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 20 (2,337 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I'm the only one with this issue ?

Message 2 of 20 (2,292 Views)

★ Guide

I found you can only have two if you choose the ones with different shift times so that they don't conflict, but I do wish that you could mix and match all of them, not just the ones with different shifts. It'd be nice to have a part time on top of a career too, but I guess that travels more into "suggestions"

Message 3 of 20 (2,287 Views)

Hero
@Haka1978 I forgot to tag this, sorry.

@Ardnaxela56 For the tests I did it didn't seem to matter. I was thrown out of one job even though they didn't overlap when hiring for a second.

Did you test this after the current patch ? You are given the option, but asked to quit when you choose a second.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 20 (2,269 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@crinrict  I just retested, I can definitely get two part time jobs. I chose retail 9am-1pm and fisherman 9pm-1am and the game let me do it. Like I said in a previous post (wow looking back I worded it really poorly...), these are the jobs that have a drop down that allows you to choose your shift time. If I try to add Diver 5pm-8pm (which has no drop down with different shift times) it doesn't allow it and cancels out the other jobs. 

I also tried retail 9am-1pm and barista 5am-7am (which has no drop down menu), barista canceled out the previous job. 

As far as I know, jobs with fixed shifts/no drop down cannot be stacked even when the times do not overlap, jobs with a drop down CAN stack. If this is not by design then we have a bug. But if other people aren't managing to even get the drop down shifts to stack when I can do it just fine then... bigger bug

Message 5 of 20 (2,259 Views)

Hero
@Ardnaxela56 I really don't know how it was before cause I never had two part time jobs for my teens (hardly play teens) but from what guides say on this, it was possible before to have two jobs that don't overlap.

So it should be able to jobs that are on sat/sun and another that's weekdays for example.

Guess @Haka1978 would need to give some insight.

If it worked before but isn't now, then it's most probably a bug.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 20 (2,255 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Yep, tested after the last patch and with jobs without any common days/hours of work.

Message 7 of 20 (2,242 Views)

Hero
@Haka1978 So before the patch you could mix say baby sitter (working Sa/So) and Barista (working weekdays) ?

I just realized I tested a teen. Are you reporting for adults only or also teens ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 20 (2,227 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict I try with a youg adult femal Servo, a youg adult femal vampir and an elder male spellcaster.

Message 9 of 20 (2,223 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
@Haka1978 Could you mix babysitter with Barista before ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 20 (2,221 Views)