★★★★★ Guide

@duckiedroplets  I have Eco Lifestyle and having this same problems

Message 11 of 100 (9,771 Views)

Sims 4 Dismally Decorated moodlet in Beautifully Decorated House

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? University, Island Living, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get to Work, Realm of Magic, Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Tiny Living, Pets, Laundry Day, Vintage Glamour, Movie Hangout, Cool Kitchen, Perfect Patio
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Build house in Brindleton Bay, save to Library, move to Strangerville, place Bridleton Bay house on Strangerville lot.
What happens when the bug occurs? Perfectly decorated house that Sim used to love is now Dismally Decorated and causing bad moods constantly in every room.
What do you expect to see? I expect a perfectly decorated house in one world to remain perfectly decorated in all worlds. I do not want to build a whole new house every time I move my Sim from 1 world to another to play an aspiration!
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Occurred following most recent update. I typically custom build a house for a particular Sim and place that house in whatever world they move to.

The only mod I had was one that used portals to make elevators work. There are no elevators in the house with the issue so the mod was never in use in this game. I tried updating and repairing. I also tried turning off in gameplay options. This is excessively irritating and makes my Sim virtually unplayable.

Message 12 of 100 (9,794 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Dismally Decorated moodlet in Beautifully Decorated House

★★★★★ Apprentice

I did more testing on this after reading EverLastling's post. I don't have Strangervile, but I tested building the same saved room on several other maps/lots. The room was 10x10 with 20 Knights, 5 Viva More of La Landscape, and several other decorations; certainly enough that per-update it would have been Beautifully Decorated (+3).

Sometimes the initial moodlet was Nicely Decorated (+2) and sometimes it was Decorated (+1). At first I thought this might be based on the specific lot/neighborhood. But further testing showed that without any build changes the moodlet will either show Nicely Decorated (+2) or Decorated (+1) randomly. There would often be about an hour or two gap where no decorated moodlet was granted.

An interesting side note: The decorated moodlets would vanish immediately upon bulldozing the lot, even with time remaining. The moodlets did not vanish upon leaving the room.

Message 13 of 100 (9,671 Views)

★ Apprentice

I’m having the same issue. The decorations all  have high environment points. I’ve got one of the paintings that’s environment 10 and the moodlet wasn’t effected. It’s annoying because if any of the other moodlet s dissolve, the mood shifts to, “Fine,” when it should be, “Happy.” I hope they get this fixed. 

Message 14 of 100 (9,637 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

This is actually by design, not a bug.

EA replaced the decorative moodlets with the last patch.

Maybe they wanted to implement the feedback of those players who repeatedly stated that the decorative moodlets in this game are far too overwhelming and do easily overpower negative emotions. The way it is described here is exactly the way the new moodlets are programmed. On the other hand, the old decorative moodlets can no longer be found in the tuning files, they have been deleted.

The new moodlets are called

buff_environment_BBGameplayEffects_BadEnvironmentLarge

buff_environment_BBGameplayEffects_BadEnvironmentMedium

buff_environment_BBGameplayEffects_BadEnvironmentSmall

buff_environment_BBGameplayEffects_GoodEnvironmentLarge

buff_environment_BBGameplayEffects_GoodEnvironmentMedium

buff_environment_BBGameplayEffects_GoodEnvironmentSmall

There are also extra moodlets for snobs and slobs.

Message 15 of 100 (9,568 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@83bienchen if that's the case, not saying your wrong, then the Sim team needs to go back into decoration and change all the Environment 10 to Environment 1 or 2, because right now, its to confusing 

Message 16 of 100 (9,462 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I can certainly understand tuning things to make Beautifully Decorated harder to achieve.  My concern is that it now impossible...

I tested again with a room with all the basics and roughly 240 stacked Knights; a ridiculous about of decor costing over 2 million Simoleons.  Could not get above Nicely Decorated.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Message 17 of 100 (9,411 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I realized that MCCC can show me all my active buffs and I reloaded my test sim & test room setup. I noted all buffs in place with game immediately paused on load:

Buff_Trait_HighMetabolism
buff_Sim_Weather_Hidden_Cloudy
buff_Temperature_Hidden_Neutral
Buff_Trait_YoungAdult
Buff_Trait_Creative
Buff_Trait_Active
Buff_Trait_Cheerful
Fine (Always on and hidden by default) - MoodBuff_Hidden_FineDefault

After allowing 2 in-game minutes of time to pass with Sim still outside, checked again and found this buff added:

A pleasing environment can put a Sim in the mood

After walking into the room and having the Decorated moodlet appeared, two more were added:

Currently Happy (should not be seen) MoodBuff_Hidden_Happy
Decorated - Having decorations around makes for happy environs.

I hope this is helpful to sorting this out! Standard smile

Message 18 of 100 (9,392 Views)

Re: [UNSURE] Beautifully decorated moddlet broken

★★★ Newbie
@Desideratus1986 For me it keeps saying poorly decorated
Message 19 of 100 (9,101 Views)

Re: [UNSURE] Beautifully decorated moddlet broken

★★★ Guide

The system is definitely broken. After spending 4 hours last night chasing unpainted walls and floors in the new house I've spent months making for my superstar actress, I found that the game somehow keeps going negative in rooms where there isn't anything negative - so she's permanently stuck in "Poorly decorated". There should be at least 0 or +1 decor everywhere in the house (because I haven't finished decorating it yet) according to the item descriptions, but everywhere she goes the "Poorly decorated" moodlet comes back with -1 or -2 for no reason. As far as I can tell everything you use in a room has to be +1 to reach 0 in a room with nothing unattractive, which makes no sense and makes it impossible to build stylized homes.

Message 20 of 100 (8,881 Views)