Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Beautifully decorated moddlet broken/ Always poorly decorated

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.26
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Together Island Living City Living Realm of Magic Vampires Parenthood Spa Day Moschino Stuff Toddler Stuff Kids Room Stuff Bowling Night Stuff Vintage Glamour Stuff Backyard Stuff Perfect Patio Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Enter a room with high environment score.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims around high environment objects (i.e. Environment 10 Painting) often do not receive a Decorated moodlet. Sometimes the moodlet appears but will not reappear when entering another decorated room. Environment objects not in a room rarely, if ever, seem to give a decorated moodlet to nearby Sims.
What do you expect to see? Environment score objects give a permanent relevant Decorated moodlet to any nearby Sims (previously worked by range before becoming broken).
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Recent June 2020 Patch has caused this issue.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title, Added Base Game Version Number

Message 1 of 100 (24,772 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Beautifully decorated moddlet broken/ Always poorly decorated

Hero

Sims no longer get “Poorly Decorated” and “Dismally Decorated” Moodlets when decorations are in the room. This applies to new Saves as it is not retroactive, but, my, how judgemental Lots were….

Fixed in Patch 1.68.154/ 1.33

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 100 of 100 (18,835 Views)

All Replies

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Beautifully decorated moddlet broken

★ Apprentice
@Desideratus1986 Same here. Huge house that used to have +3 decoration moodlets before Eco patch in all rooms now just shows +1 or +2 moodlets. I'm on PC but it doesn't seem to be related to mods.
Message 2 of 100 (24,597 Views)

★★★ Novice

I don't even play with mods and mostly only use money cheats. My girl is super Angry and I keep having this issue even with + Environment walls and floors and decent paintings. This is entirely frustrating!

Message 3 of 100 (24,565 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I noticed this right after the patch and thought it was just me cause I could not find anyone else affected - thanks for posting! Here is my experience:

Platform: PC
Packs: Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Realm of Magic, Jungle Adventure, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Moschino Stuff , Fitness Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Perfect Party Stuff, Holiday Celebration

Starting with a save that had an existing Vet Clinic with 'Beautifully Decorated' +3 throughout the lot prior to updating. This moodlet was originally achieved by mods (invisible emitters for a clean modern look). After the update, the rooms gave only 'Decorated' +1 moodlet.

I noticed the Inspired moodlet was still at the expected +2 level. Added extra Inspire based objects; was able to achieve 'Inspiring Décor' +3 as expected. Also tested with 'Cheerful Décor' (in a different room) and was able to get it to +3. Only 'Beautifully Decorated' +3 seemed to be affected.

Thinking perhaps the way this is calculated changed and simply requires more, I tried stacking numerous (30+) +10 Environment invisible emitter objects. But cannot get the room past 'Nicely Decorated' +2.

Knowing mods could be an issue, I removed & disabled them and reloaded the same save. Now there was no decor related moodlet at all, but that is expected as it is fairly bare at this point because of mod removal. So I re-do the walls & floors with ones that have +1 Minor Environment and add in a few +10 Environment statues and paintings. I try them hidden at first (bb.moveobjects + shrink size), and when that fails to make a difference I place them again without size change or move cheat. But cannot get the room past 'Nicely Decorated' +2.

Repaired the game and started a new save (mods still removed). Gave my new sim sufficient cash for testing (money cheat) and built a new room making sure walls and floors were not bare and even added some nice windows. Again, well over a dozen each +10 Environment statues and paintings at full size and no move cheat, but cannot get the room past 'Nicely Decorated' +2.

I also found that 'Decorated' and 'Nicely Decorated' moodlets now have timers on them; other moods (like 'Inspiring Décor') do not. My research found various videos and articles which confirm my memory is correct, just like Desideratus1986 stated: we expect these moodlets to be permanent so long as the sim is in the room. The timers refresh immediately on expiring if the sim stays in the room.

To summarize:

• Cannot achieve 'Beautifully Decorated' Environment +3 moodlet even with no mods, no move object cheat, no object resize, game repaired, new save, new room, & new sim.
    • Only 'Beautifully Decorated' Environment +3 moodlet affected.
  • 'Decorated' and 'Nicely Decorated' Environment moodlets now have timers on them.
    • Other moods do not have timers for their Environment moodlets.
Message 4 of 100 (24,552 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

It's so frustrating! I have done a bit more testing and the two hour 'Decorated' timer sometimes kicks in when entering a room but doesn't always refresh afterwards. 

When I leave a room I lose the moodlet and it takes around 2-4 hours before another Decorated moodlet will appear, wherever I seem to go.

Also if I have a +1 Decorated it won't adjust or upgrade to +2 if I move to a more decorated area.

They need to fix this it's driving me crazy 😵

Message 5 of 100 (24,522 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Annica Shunyata :- I agree with your findings! Thanks for the detailed reply, I have tested stacking on mine and also cannot reach a +3 Decorated anymore.

I am also having issues with the 2 hour Decorated moodlet timer, it will expire in a room and won't auto refresh, it won't upgrade if I move to a more decorated room and sometime seems to have a cool down for 2-4 hours approx where it won't appear at all.

It's really frustrating and I hope they can fix it soon as what's the point in a beautifully decorated home if the Sims can't appreciate it 😬

Message 6 of 100 (24,519 Views)

★★ Guide

This is an intended change. Decorated moodlets now have a timer and a ranged cooldown, so they no longer shift according to what room you are in, and you may not get them all the time.

Message 7 of 100 (24,505 Views)

★★★ Expert

There was definitely a change but I am not 100% sure that all of what we are seeing was intended. I think it's possible that the new environmental scoring system is the reason we're no longer able to get the "beautifully decorated" moodlet. Maybe the tuning of that scoring system is off, i.e. it's too easy to get a negative environmental score, and this is causing other issues like lowering the level of the decoration moodlets.

It might also be causing Sims to have other negative reactions in environments that should have a neutral or a positive reaction:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Sims-Random-Bored-Idle-when-not-Bored-or-in-Boring/m-p/91...

I can understand a Sim having a negative reaction to a lot or neighborhood full of trash and smog but I don't think this reaction should apply to a nicely decorated room or house.

Message 8 of 100 (24,459 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Bra1nBlast3d can you confirm this? I read the update notes and couldn't find information about it, but maybe I missed something important. It's also weird because +3 moodlets for emotions still work as they used to pre-update, so if it is as you say, it's pretty a inconsistent thing.
Message 9 of 100 (24,413 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have the build effect turned off, and is still unable to get the +3 moodlet. Which basically means my vet will never be able to get 5 star reviews... unless I have eco living and make the environment better??? Doesn’t make sense.

Message 10 of 100 (24,328 Views)