Re: Stuck in poorly decorated

by LuminaryFairy418

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I was having the same issue today. I kept looking around a build for any drywall wallpaper. There were a few but it didn't completely fix it. It didn't occur to me to check the pool too until much later. After I changed it to a different wallpaper, the poorly decorated mood didn't appear again for a whole day in the Sims. And if that still doesn't fix it, I would suggest changing the floor tiles too, if they haven't been replaced with different floor tiles.

Message 31 of 100 (3,835 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@LuminaryFairy418

This is all giving me some ideas. You guys are awesome. I'm wondering now if there are some items that provide the buff and some that don't? There are a lot of new floors and wallpapers that say "Minor environmental gain", and maybe some items like the duckies were overlooked, and these are removing those "Poorly decorated" debuffs.

Gives me something to investigate...

Edit:

Unfortunately I can't exploit it much. The floor and wall items tagged with "Minor environmental gain" only go +1 or +2, we'll need +10 to get "Beautifully Decorated". I tried creating my own floor CC to see if I could raise up the environmental score but I can't. It appears to be hard-coded at +1 or +2.

The "Minor environmental gain" buff only lasts for about an hour, but it appears to keep coming back. That should be enough to remove the poor environment debuff. The pictures and other decorative items that say "Envionment 5" or "Environment 10" appear to NEVER give an environmental buff at all any more.

The "Rubber Duckies" DID make a difference! I put 10 of them in one room and it went up from "Decorated" to "Nicely Decorated". It appears their buff IS there, just very small.

Edit 2:

The 10 "Rubber Duckies" made it go to "Nicely Decorated" for an hour and never came back again.

ThePsycho

Accept as Solution button - If a post answers your question please let everyone know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 32 of 100 (3,795 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I may have an idea. Could you share the build in the Gallery or attach a compressed file of the build here? You can compress a build with the Sims 4 Tray Importer. I would like to test it in my game. Maybe I can figure something out.

Message 33 of 100 (3,754 Views)

Re: [UNSURE] Beautifully decorated moddlet broken/ Always poorly decorated

★ Novice
@Desideratus1986 Hello guys, I can see there is big discussion about "Poorly decorated". It really seems to be bug as I opened same house as before the patch and now my Sims are unhappy all the time. Do you know if this issue was already solved?
Message 34 of 100 (3,701 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@paldova No, not yet unfortunately. That's kinda why I'm looking for a way around it. Either with CC exploits or a mod.
Message 35 of 100 (3,681 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Same here. Also sims unhappy because of poorly decorated but decorations, furniture etc same as before. Only noticed it the last few days. 

Message 36 of 100 (3,633 Views)

★★ Novice
Same here. It was fine, then the past day or two it's just pitched an aboslute fit with all but one sim, and they're constantly miserable, and I can't for the life of me find ANY reason as to why.
Message 37 of 100 (3,604 Views)

Poorly Decorated Moodlet Won't Go Away

★★★ Novice

Hello. I have a celebrity sim who loved her old house. It was small and cozy, and we never had any problems. Once she started getting more famous, we decided to upgrade her house. We moved her to a different lot, and started building a big house. Once it was fully furnished, and we started playing in it, I noticed the poorly/dismally decorated moodlet come up a lot. We decided to give the interior of her house an overhaul, and change almost everything. She still has the dismally decorated moodlet. Is this a bug, or something I'm doing wrong? Any advice on how to get it to go away would be appreciated! Thank you! 

Message 38 of 100 (3,448 Views)

Re: Poorly Decorated Moodlet Won't Go Away

Hero
@DartTheHamster Merged your post with the bug report

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 39 of 100 (3,432 Views)

Uncomfortable bug on sims 4 after eco patch

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Version 1.27
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all of the sims 4 expansion packs, all game packs , and all stuff packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? This bug only seems to be occurring in maps other then the new eco map
What happens when the bug occurs? All my household members are getting the uncomfortable moodlet for poorly decorated floors and walls even though the build is new and beautifullly decorated with all new furniture and new floors and walls from the eco pack . There should be no reason for this.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the beautifully decorated or at least no negative decorated moodlet
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After the release of eco lifestyle

There are other bugs i could report like the garden bug which cause plants to become starter plants even in a greenhouse randomly and i keep losing the plants perfect upgrade when it happens

Message 40 of 100 (3,433 Views)