Re: Stuck in poorly decorated

by felixtcy

Original Post

Stuck in poorly decorated

★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All DLC except for Eco Living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. build house 2. paint every surface with neutral paints (the ones with no environment effect) and use minimal decorations. 3. let sim walk around house
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims in the house will get the "poorly decorated" moodlet (-1 or -2) in every room where they should be at 0 (not decorated) or higher. Entering build mode and repainting random pieces of wall and floor makes the moodlet go away temporarily, but after a few minutes it comes back. Entering a room that has a high environment score will sometimes make the "poor decorated" moodlet go away, but they will not gain either of the "Decorated" moodlets, even though they should.
What do you expect to see? I expect sims to not get negative moodlets about the environment when there's nothing negative about the environment they're in. I expect sims to get mood buffs from items that are supposed to give them environment mood buffs.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 5 June 2020 patch

Should say that I get this problem in the brand new house I've spent months building for my superstar actress. I spent 5 hours last night repainting absolutely every wall and floor piece - including both sides of inaccessible areas (like the outside of the underground pools) - to make sure everything IS truly painted. Although the house is not finished, it has plenty of decor that it should not be possible to get negative moodlets about decor anywhere, but even in the rooms that are finished I cannot get positive decor moodlets even though it should reach at least "Nice" or "Very nice".

I tried loading an older family that live in a modified vanilla home and although they don't get negative moodlets, they also don't like the decor as much as they used to. At best they get "decorated" where before it'd be "very nice" everywhere.

Essentially it looks like the change to the decor rating system makes the game subtract a bunch from the room scores for no justified reason, which makes otherwise happy sims hate life in general for no reason.

It also doesn't help that the tooltip talks about floors and wallpapers (esp in a house with all painted walls). Either show me what the problem is or tell me. The text must read "you appear to have unpainted floors or walls" if that is the problem or "[Insert sim name] dislikes the colour of the walls in this room" if that is the problem, and so on. Anything else is pointless because we have no hope in hell figuring out what the problem is, let alone how to fix it. Clearly the game knows (or thinks) something is wrong with the house, which means it also can and must tell us what that is. Sims is not supposed to be about "guess the b******t emotion" .

Message 21 of 100 (34,736 Views)

Hero
@TheSteelRodent Don't think we need another thread. It's probably all related and needs to be looked into in general

There's also a thread here that refers to the poorly where everyone was redirected here as well: https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Feedback/Poorly-Decorated/m-p/9168895

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 100 (34,706 Views)

Re: [UNSURE] Beautifully decorated moddlet broken

★★★★ Expert
@Desideratus1986 Same problem. Played at least 3 playthroughs and no longer get any environment buffs at all. Rooms that used to give "Nicely Decorated" or "Beautifully Decorated" now NEVER give those buffs.
Message 23 of 100 (34,702 Views)

★★★ Guide

Alright @crinrict I wasn't sure if it would be same issue or not, but it does sound related now that I'm more awake.

I did some travelling to other houses (all original from the game that I have never touched), which are all about equally sparsely decorated. In some my travelling sims have no complaints, in others they immediately complain about "poor" or "dismal" decoration as soon as they step onto the lot, and just looking at these houses I cannot see any significant difference in the decor at all. With my superstar actress she will come home from a gig (or someplace else) and as soon as she steps onto the lot it goes "poorly decorated", and that's despite having to walk several tiles from the lot edge to get to her house.

To me it looks like (but it's difficult to say for sure) anything with 0 bonus environment gets counted as a harsh negative penalty, while none of the stuff with bonus environment does anything significant for the score at all. Either way it should not be possible to reach a negative decor score when there's nothing to detract from the decor (like trash and unpainted walls).

Message 24 of 100 (34,596 Views)

Poorly decorated moodlet

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I looked all over online and found nothing.
What happens when the bug occurs? On this specific lot my sims find every room poorly decorated and I have changed everything in them and it still didn’t work.
What do you expect to see? Negative moodlet.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Negative poorly decorated room moodlet.

Message 25 of 100 (34,578 Views)

Re: [UNSURE] Beautifully decorated moddlet broken/ Always poorly decorated

★★★ Newbie

This is my exact problem! I do have some custom content, but nothing new for about a month. It only started happening when the game updated most recently. Im glad they're aware of the problem and im sure we can expect a change soon! 

Message 26 of 100 (34,016 Views)

★★★ Novice

Aggravated +10. Forced to clone the rubber ducky, max out positive environment and stash them all over my house and lot in order to play.

Message 27 of 100 (33,854 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@felixtcy

And that actually works? I created my own CC of a painting and customized it to give a level 10 environment buff. (Made it very expensive so as to not be OP). I wanted to save up for a single nice painting that will give the room the "Beautifully Decorated" buff. I put THREE in one of my sim's living room and never got the buff. I HATE this change.
Message 28 of 100 (33,835 Views)

Re: [UNSURE] Beautifully decorated moddlet broken/ Always poorly decorated

★★ Guide

I discovered that items in the Sim’s inventory now affect their opinion of the decorations. For example, if they have poop in their pocket, they will now feel uncomfortable. This has only changed in my game since the last pack and updates.

Message 29 of 100 (33,801 Views)

★★★ Novice

@Psychotps 

I do actually get Decorated +1 and +2 now, but, my main purpose was to be rid of never the 'Poorly Decorated' and 'Dismally Decorated' moodlets popping up all over my brand new lot and build.

Message 30 of 100 (33,688 Views)