Re: Soul Mates... and super siblings???

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: Aunt Appearing As "Super Siblings"

★ Guide
@verfens I suppose the 'blood related or not' was just to make it clear that adopted kids and kids from only one spouse could become a 'Super Sibling' in relation to kids from the couple.
People who are not a sister or brother cannot be called 'sibling'.
Message 11 of 22 (917 Views)

★★ Guide

I actually knew a uncle/niece who were in that situation IRL- they were in the house, he was the youngest of 12 and she was the first of his oldest brother's children.  They were only a year apart in age- and the niece was the older, from what I can recall.  They were both old enough to be my grandparents, but the children of the niece called the uncle their uncle, and their children called him Grandpa, and she explained that they were more like brother and sister than uncle/aunt because they were raised at the same time.

Gamewise, so long as the generational lines are more cut (the aunt never was under the age of YA while there were toddlers/children/teens of her sibling in the same household) then you won't have this happen.  I think, technically, I think siblings (where one is a care dependent of another) can have the mother/father--son/daughter buffs too, but I'm not certain.  If we can confirm that happens then we can see how much of this was a predetermined interaction, I think.

Message 12 of 22 (896 Views)

Hero

@DolphinSSA wrote:
@crinrict Aunt and nephew...siblings?!?!?

If the aunt is closer to age to the children, why not ?

Marking this as unsure for now cause it could very well be intended that way.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 22 (886 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict As far as I know siblings should have at least one parent in common.
Message 14 of 22 (862 Views)

Hero
@DolphinSSA I look at it as just being very good friends.

As I said, I don't know what's intended and if this is a bug or not, hence the marking as unsure.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 22 (845 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@DolphinSSAHaven't you called you best friend a "brother"? No? Standard smile

Message 16 of 22 (830 Views)

★ Guide
@rostsit I might call my good friend, "brother". But it would not make him my brother. A game about us would have to call us "Good Friends". In The Sims 4, it is not the sim calling his aunt "sis" (what would have been weird as well) but it is the game labeling them "Siblings", for me a nonsense.
Message 17 of 22 (810 Views)

Soul Mates... and super siblings???

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but bowling and luxury party.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have any two sims of no relation, even as romantic interests, be teens or younger in the same household. Upon one or both reaching adulthood they will have a trait labelling them as siblings. if its not a bug, can you please consider a rename of the label or something? its kinda gross to see two sims who have the soul mate, girlfriend and promised relations be referred to as siblings
What happens when the bug occurs? Upon one or both reaching adulthood they will have a trait labelling them as siblings. if its not a bug, can you please consider a rename of the label or something? its kinda gross to see two sims who have the soul mate, girlfriend and promised relations be referred to as siblings
What do you expect to see? Either a redo of the label, or the label to not appear for sims who are not related.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Please consider, if this isnt just a gross bug, renaming it, or voiding it if there is a romantic relationship. because its kinda either a gross bug or a gross feature. and im really hoping its a bug or an ill thought out decision

Message 18 of 22 (748 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@PearTreeBark I've seen this also. They are not actually siblings, the game is just mistakenly adding the "Super Siblings" relationship bit. I've had a few people had this happen to.
Message 19 of 22 (721 Views)

Hero
@PearTreeBark merging this with existing complaint about the super sibling relationship.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 20 of 22 (675 Views)