by KittyCoSim

Original Post

[OPEN] Adults are missing the hug interaction with toddlers

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.60.54.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Together, Get To Work, City Living, Cats and Dogs, Seasons, Island Living, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Dine Out, Vampires, Jungle Adventure, Realm of Magic, Luxury Party Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Backyard Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff, Fitness Stuff, Toddler Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff, My First Pet Stuff, Moschino Stuff, Holiday Celebration Pack, Grim’s Ghoulish Guitar.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have an adult and a toddler, click on the toddler and go to Friendly.
What happens when the bug occurs? The hug option with toddler is missing when adult Sim is the active Sim.
What do you expect to see? Adult being able to hug a toddler.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Appeared after patching to 1.60.52.1020.

The hug interaction is missing under Friendly when an adult is the active Sim and a toddler is selected. I saw this issue with a father and his twins with a full friendship bar, and the twin’s step mother with the twins with a half friendship bar. Toddlers can still hug adults, adults just can’t hug toddlers.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 7 (2,426 Views)

Re: Adults are missing the hug interaction with toddlers

Hero
@KittyCoSim I have an interaction called Hug lovingly that seems to be from Parenthood and one called Snuggle that seems to be a hugging interaction.

Do you have snuggle ? Seems you don't have the Parenthood Pack.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (2,391 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict Yes, snuggle is there. I remember there being a hug option too, before the update I made three adult brothers hug their toddler nephew before he moved out with his dad. For now I will have to use snuggle more often if I want a parent to be affectionate.
Message 3 of 7 (2,376 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I tested this on base game only, game version PC: 1.61.15.1020, never any mods/cc and freshly repaired & fresh game file. The parents could only 'snuggle' with their toddler, the option to hug was not there. Parents both were 'family oriented' and toddler was 'clingy'. I added an aunt to the family and didn't give her the 'family oriented' trait. She adopted the clingy toddler as a care dependent and still only had the option to 'snuggle', same as the parents, again the 'hug' option wasn't there. I then used genetics to give the parents a second toddler child and made that one 'inquisitive'. Both the parents and the aunt still could only 'snuggle', no hug option was there (with the aunt, this was after she adopted the toddler as a care dependent & also possibly before). 

On my regular game with all the packs, same game version, I do have the option to 'hug lovingly' and to 'snuggle' with (parents/care givers and toddlers), but no 'hug'. I remember in the past both 'hug lovingly' and 'hug' being options. 

Best regards,
Jennifer

Message 4 of 7 (2,305 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Adults are missing the hug interaction with toddlers

★★★ Apprentice

I've seen this too, yet the adults get a whim to hug the toddler.

Message 5 of 7 (2,202 Views)

Can't fulfill 'give toddler a hug' want, interaction not available

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.97.42.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Almost all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Wait for the want 'give a hug'
What happens when the bug occurs? There is no option to fulfill the want
What do you expect to see? A hug interaction
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

My sims regularly get a want to hug their toddlers.

However the want can't be fulfilled because there is no interaction.

There is only 'snuggle' and 'hug lovingly' (I think this one came with the parenthood pack).

Do other have the same problem?

give toddler a hug.png

Message 6 of 7 (1,484 Views)

Re: Can't fulfill 'give toddler a hug' want, interaction not available

★ Guide

Same here, and it’s not just adults. Older siblings want to hug the toddlers and don’t have the option. Hug lovingly doesn’t fulfil the want.

Message 7 of 7 (1,378 Views)