Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Toddler not getting Daycare Skill buff for Active Career

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.15
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get to Work, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Toddler Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Kids Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a toddler, have a sim with an active career or retail/restaurant lot. Go to work at the active career or retail/restaurant.
What happens when the bug occurs? Active careers and retail/restaurant management is not flagged as "work" so toddlers don't get the skill boost from daycare while the parent is at work.
What do you expect to see? Active careers and retail/restaurant ownership being treated like the rabbit hole careers for boosting toddler skills while at work.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Both retail ownership and active careers are full time jobs and should benefit from skill boosts from daycare.

First screen is the toddler getting the skill boost when I sent the parent sims to their active careers alone. Second screen is the toddler not getting any boost when with the parent at the work lot. The same happens for owned retail lots.

If you open your retail lot, the toddler is just sent to daycare and doesn't benefit from the skill boosts. You basically have to have a toddler playpen in the back of the store so the toddler is still getting skill while you run a retail shop. Trying to take care of a toddler while running a retail lot is not ideal. 

Message 1 of 4 (824 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [UNSURE] Toddler not getting Daycare Skill buff for Active Career

EA Sims Team

Hello.

We released a PC/Mac patch today (version 1.59.73) that may have fixed this issue. If this issue is still occurring for you on PC/Mac after updating your game, let us know.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (528 Views)

All Replies

Re: [UNSURE/A] Toddler not getting Daycare Skill buff for Active Career

★★★★ Pro

I’ve never had a toddler get a skill boost in daycare the few times I’ve had them go, though I have heard there’s a mod for this. Are you using a mod?  If I’m running a type of business, I usually set up a little area with everything a toddler needs, ie  a fridge so there’s somewhere to store food, bed, potty, skill building items/toys, and they are fine.  It’s also beneficial for my other sims to have a place to have a break. I just lock the area so customers can’t go in. 🙂

Best regards,

Jennifer

Message 2 of 4 (779 Views)

Hero
Added as unsure

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 4 (719 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello.

We released a PC/Mac patch today (version 1.59.73) that may have fixed this issue. If this issue is still occurring for you on PC/Mac after updating your game, let us know.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 4 of 4 (529 Views)