by The_Ratticator

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [GT] CL] Karaoke Bars Do Not Satisfy Dance Machines

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.49.65
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a Sim with the Dance Machine trait go to a karaoke bar.
What happens when the bug occurs? Going to karaoke bars does not give Sims with the Dance Machine trait a positive moodlet. It also does not count toward satisfying their urge to go out to lounges, nightclubs, or bars, and they can still become bored sometime after visiting them.
What do you expect to see? Going to karaoke bars should adequately satisfy Dance Machine Sims, as it -is- called a karaoke B A R. Dance Machines should get the positive moodlet that is standard for when they visit lounges, nightclubs, or bars, and they should have their urge to go out to such venues satisfied by going to a karaoke bar.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I'm not sure if this is a bug or an oversight, but I thought that it was worth bringing up anyways. Basically, Sims with the Dance Machine trait don't get any satisfaction from visiting karaoke bars. Normally, when a Dance Machine visits a lounge, nightclub, or bar, they get a positive moodlet when arriving on the lot. This moodlet does not appear when they visit karaoke bars for some reason, despite the fact that it's called a karaoke bar. And while visiting lounges, nightclubs, and bars satisfies their urge to go out, visiting karaoke bars does not do the same for them. They can still get bored sometime after visiting a karaoke bar. If, somehow, this is by design, I would greatly suggest reconsidering.

Message 1 of 3 (1,291 Views)

Re: [UNSURE] [GT] CL] Karaoke Bars Do Not Satisfy Dance Machines

Hero
Added as unsure for now

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 3 (1,153 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [GT] CL] Karaoke Bars Do Not Satisfy Dance Machines

★★★ Pro

I am experiencing this in my game.  Sims with the dance machine trait that visit karaoke bars are not getting the Party Time action nor are they getting the happy Moodlet.  They are not getting the happy Moodlet when they visit any social venue.

Message 3 of 3 (913 Views)