[UNSUPPORTED] Lifestate hybrids bugs

by rostsit

Original Post

Re: [UNSUPPORTED] Vampire-Alien hybrids bugs

★★ Guide

Well, I HOPE we'll be able to keep them too, it's an interesting idea (if the sim does begin to sound a tad like a mary sue Wink )  

Regardless mine appears to be breaking my game !  I'll save this version of it and probably recreate the child artificially in CAS as an alien (given the sim has had no time put into her except as a baby) in a new save of the same file.

Message 21 of 37 (1,348 Views)

Champion

I have been testing this out and have a question: Are these buggy hybrids usually the result of a male Vampire being abducted by Aliens and becoming pregnant, or can you also get this combination by having a one Alien and one Vampire of the opposite sex try for a baby?  Wondering

Right now I have a family that consists of an Alien Father and a Vampire Mother that I made in CAS.  Their first child was an Alien boy and the second was a Vampire girl.  The mom is pregnant with her 3rd child right now (but I have the Lot Traits set at "On a Ley Line" to get the possibility of having a multiple birth.  I did not choose the "On a Dark Ley Line" because I want the chance of either an Alien or a Vampire to be equal. Wink

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 22 of 37 (1,311 Views)

Hero
I think you can get hybrids only by abduction or cheating cause they are not supposed to happen.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 37 (1,302 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@PugLove888

I saw somewhere that the option "On a Dark Ley Line" can sometimes produce vampire-alien hybrids, but never tried myself.

Message 24 of 37 (1,294 Views)

★★ Guide
I don't know that, but my vampire-alien was from a male sim that was abducted by aliens.
Message 25 of 37 (1,284 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I just have this happen in game.  My male sim had just been bitten by a vampire and had just started the process of turning into a vampire.  He came home and was abducted before he finished turning into a vampire.  His abduction resulted in pregnancy.  His daughter was born as an alien/vampire hybrid.  The game recognized her as an alien but she has the vampire icon on her needs.  In CAS she doesn't have either the vampire or alien icon.  She has the ability to Use/Remove Disguise and in CAS she does the vampire idle actions.

Message 26 of 37 (1,190 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I have this problem too - except it didn't happen through cheats? My vampire sim got abducted by aliens (not my doing), and when he returned, he was pregnant - I don't know how this happened! The hybrid is currently a toddler, and I have also found that when in CAS mode, if you switch between her normal form and her dark form/disguise, she grows for a split second (her legs become really long). This is possibly because toddlers don't usually have a dark form, so the game gets confused and 'grows' her to teenager height for a second. Mine is the only case I've come across where the birth of the hybrid happened without the use of cheats - I thought it was impossible!
Message 27 of 37 (1,145 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I had this issue on Xbox. I had my two aliens try for a baby on a lot with the vampire baby lot trait (I can’t remember the name). The result was twin hybrids.

One of the issues I have with them is their appearance. It’s difficult to alter their disguise. Sometimes it doesn’t change at all after editing, other times, something completely different about them changes.

As toddlers, after trying to edit their alien disguise, their eye colour would change and the disguise I created wouldn’t be there.

They DO have both alien and vampire powers- including all vampire traits I selected (able to turn others, sun resistance, etc.), and they can also use their alien abilities (empathise, etc), and I CAN turn them into all three forms (alien, alien disguise, and vampire dark form). I managed to get them wearing the outfit and hair I wanted them to, but I won’t be editing them again any time soon for fear that the game will alter some other physical characteristic of theirs.

All in all, I’m loving them. But if it’s possible in game, I’d love to see the game actually keep up with it.

No cheats or mods were used- nothing except the games original functions. Breed two 100% aliens on a lot with the vampire baby trait- I also added the twin trait and romantic aura- I got hybrids first shot. 

Message 28 of 37 (1,059 Views)

Hero
If no cheats were involved and you're on console, it's probably best of you make a new thread for console for this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 29 of 37 (1,577 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@KushKylie you mean, you could edit all 3 forms without sim's face changing to some random default face?

Message 30 of 37 (1,564 Views)