by ellie03j

Original Post

[UNSUPPORTED] Objects stuck on sidewalk/Set as head duplicates objects

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City Living Cats and dogs Get together Vampires
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? The bug is in the Sims 4 game play.
What happens when the bug occurs? Shower was set as head and now it has been placed out of bounds (on the sidewalk, and not in anyone else's lot) and I cannot delete the shower!
What do you expect to see? No shower on sidewalk.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Hi there! I was playing the Sims 4 and I pressed set as head to the shower. Then I got my sim to walk down the sidewalk (because it looked funny :D) and then I clicked Reset Object (Debug) and the shower came off on the sidewalk. When I try to delete it it says Nothing To Delete, because it is out of bounds. I tried to set it as head again but it stayed there and just multiplied! I also tried coming out of the game completely then coming back on but they were still there! Haha, I'm not too sure what I should do so if you could please advise me on how I could remove the showers that would be great! I know I could move house/lot/location but I quite like the house and area! Thanks again and I hope you are able to help me :D (sorry for the fuzzy picture!) 

Message 1 of 11 (1,096 Views)

Re: Shower on sidewalk!

[ Edited ]
Hero

This is an issue that's supposed to be fixed (the duplicating).

Is your game updated ?

Without a mod there's no way to delete the shower if the set as head just multplies stuff.

Look into the debug mod.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 11 (1,064 Views)

★★ Expert
=( it's still happening.
Message 3 of 11 (1,052 Views)

Hero
That it duplicates ? For you too ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 11 (1,043 Views)

Champion

Even after the patch that said things wouldn’t duplicate when set as head, it still duplicated stuff for me. 

I had had a townie who left a guitar in the middle of the spice market after a festival despawned, so I tried to set it as head to remove it, but instead of moving the stuck guitar from the non playable area, it would always just create a duplicate for the head, making it an ineffective method of removing out of bounds objects.

I eventually had to get rid of it using the debug mod. 

Message 5 of 11 (1,038 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Unfortunately yes, it is still happening  Frown

Message 6 of 11 (1,034 Views)

★★ Expert
yes, it does. i tested again today to be 100% sure.
Message 7 of 11 (1,028 Views)

Hero
was it ever fixed and back or never really fixed ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 11 (1,018 Views)

★★ Expert
i really don't know. i *have* tried it before cats and dogs, and it was not working.
Message 9 of 11 (1,015 Views)

★★★ Newbie

What debug mod did you use? I have a giant cowplant on my sidewalk in front of my house that I can't figure out how to remove

Message 10 of 11 (942 Views)